5. SCANDAL

"Wait, I'm sorry. Did I hear that right?" Paige said in disbelief.

Bradley nodded his head in response and almost immediately, Paige sat down on the edge of his bed with her head in her hands.

"You have any idea who it might be?" She asked, head still down in her hands.

"Not that I know of for now," He replied shrugging.

"Okay, thanks for the information. If you don't mind, I shall excuse myself to get back to my roo-" She was not able to finish her sentence as she felt a tug on her hand. Looking back, she saw it was Bradley stopping her from leaving.

"Erm do you need anything?" She asked with her eyebrows knitted in confusion.

It felt like hours waiting for his reply as he remained quiet, eyes cast down to the floor not making contact with hers.

"Stay," He finally spoke in a whisper after about a minute later. Paige was flabbergasted at his request, her mouth agape looking at him in confusion.

Why does he need me to stay?

"May I know why?" She asked, perplexed he was asking her to stay.

"Just keep me company for the time being," He said nonchalantly.

I'm pretty sure there are some other reason but I will just entertain his request for now.

She nodded her head and made her way back to the bed to sit on it.

"Sooo... Do you have like a laptop or something that I could do research on? If not, I don't mind using my phone but personally I prefer being able to do it on a bigger screen. And if you don't have the same type of phone charger, I won't be able to research for long on my phone," She asked Bradley, showing her phone was low in battery.

He took out a laptop from a bag and pass it to Paige.

"Thanks. Does this have password to login or I can switch it on and it will login straight? Also, you don't mind if I lay on your bed?"

"Knock yourself out and as for the password here let me help login for you," Bradley said going over to her left side to input the laptop's password.

"Thanks," Paige gave him a small smile before connecting the laptop to her phone for Wifi and surfing the net.

She didn't realised she was engrossed in her research until Bradley had to personally go over and tap her on the shoulders.

"AHHH!" She let out a scream when she felt him tap on her shoulder, dropping the laptop that was on her lap onto the floor.

Finally snapping out of it, she looked at her surroundings and noticed she had been working till the sun had risen.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry about your laptop!" She exclaimed, quickly taking it from the floor and inspecting to see if there were any scratches or damages physically.

She let out a sigh of relief when she saw none and checked that it was still functioning well. She gave a nervous laughter and apologised again for dropping it.

"No worries. Sorry for scaring you and in my defence, I didn't know you would get scared," Bradley chuckled.

"Anyways, I was calling out for you to ask if you wanted to get anything for breakfast," He spoke again.

"Oh, Sorry... Er yeah sure I don't mind having something to munch on," She replied.

He then went to call his secretary to get them some food while she continued to do her investigation.