Emery

"Em, Jason, and a few of his friends are here to see you," Mom calls up the stairs.

I panic. I didn't know they were coming over. Since when were they coming over? I rush down the stairs, almost tripping, as I pause in the living room," Hi?"

Aaron, Ace, and Jason are sitting on the couch. Aaron whistles," Damn those are some short shorts girl. And sports bra."

I look down. Shit. I completely forgot what I was wearing. I glance at Jason and he looks frozen. I chuckle nervously," Oops. I'll be back."

I stumble up the stairs again and quickly throw on a hoodie. I don't care about the shorts as much as just being in a bra. I join them again in the living room," Why are you guys here? I didn't know you were coming."

"Split second decision," Ace shrugs," We were bored, though Aaron and I can't stay long."

I flop into the couch next to Jason and instinctively drape my legs in his lap," Where are you guys going?"

"We are going out of town for a little trip," Aaron tells me with a laugh," We need to get some sporting supplies for the team. Cap, here, put us in charge of it."

I nod slowly," Shouldn't your coach be getting you supplies?"

Ace laughs," No. This is more of an us thing. We started this tradition our freshman year and Coach said if we want to continue it we were supplying it."

I nod, not knowing what they were talking about," We throw a small party at the rink every year following some theme," Jason explains to me," This year we went tropical, for some reason."

I snort," Ah yes, a tropical party, in a skating rink. Makes perfect sense."

"See, she gets it," Aaron smiles and I laugh letting my head fall back," can we have her as captain instead of your loser ass."

I laugh again," He is a little bit of a loser isn't he?"

He pinches my ankle and I kick him," Hey!"

I stick my tongue out at him and he hits me with one of our couch pillows," Jerk!"

I tackle him into the couch. He yelps slightly, not expecting the attack. He picks me up easily and shoves me into the back of the couch before laying on me. I squirm but he's a very large man.

"Ah," I croak," Why are you so heavy?"

"Are you fat shaming me?"

"Yes," I hit his back," Let me up, you cow."

"You wound me," He says sarcastically, not moving.

I slump into my spot. Aaron and Ace are watching with amusement as I pout," You're a jerk."

"You're not helping yourself," Jason tease looking at me with a smirk.

I put on my best puppy dog eyes," Please Jason."

He stares at me for a moment before clearing his throat and moving so I can get up," Fine."

He turns around and I wrap my arm around his neck in a chokehold. He chokes out a surprised sound as I pull back. His back is against my front as I fall back onto the couch with a giggle," Surprise attack!"

"Asshole," He pulls my arm away from his neck before turning to tickle my sides. I squeak out in a panic and try getting away," Nope."

"Help," I plead through giggles as I squirm," Please."

"You dug yourself this hole," Ace laughs with Aaron," I think it's time we leave, Aaron."

"I think so too."

I panic and quicken my squirms," Wait... please... help... me... you traitors."

"Bye Emery," They call from the front door and I lose all hope when the door closes.

"Jason," I giggle pushing at his arms," Please... mercy..."

He finally stops," truce."

I'm panting and I roll off the couch," Ass."

"Emery, watch your language!" Mom yells from the kitchen.

Jason snickers as I cringe. I flip him off as I say," Sorry, Mom. We'll be in my room."

Jason follows me and I flop onto my bed as he closes my door. I don't know why but I feel nervous being alone with him. I pull my hoodie off and toss it on the floor with the rest of my clothes. Jason sits in my desk chair quietly.

I sit up on my elbows," Why are you sitting over there? You know I don't care if you sit on my bed."

"You're in a sports bra and shorts," He makes a point of not looking anywhere but my face and it makes me fidget more than if he looked at my body," I don't think sitting on your bed is a good look for me."

I raise an eyebrow," You've been in my bed when I've had less on," I snort immediately," That sounded so wrong. Just get over here. You know my parents don't give a shit."

I watch him walk over to my bed and finally sit on it. I lay back as he lays next to me," What do you want to do?"

"I don't know," I shrug," You're the one who showed up unexpectedly. You figure it out."

He rolls his eyes and I smile," How's practice with Isaac?"

"Good," My smile grows," We'll be perfect for our competition in a few months. Our coach says we're doing better than the other groups."

"That's great," He turns his body to face me and I copy his movements," I can go, right?"

I nod," I wouldn't want you to miss it. It's my shot at getting recognition by Olympic teams before I graduate."

He nods," I know. You've been talking about it since last year. It's hard to forget."

I push his shoulder with a laugh," Shut up! You talk about hockey all the time."

"Not the point," He pinches my side and I slap his hand," We're talking about you right now."

I flick his forehead," You're so annoying."

He catches my hand before I can flick him again and his thumb rubs my wrist," You love it and you know it."

He's not wrong," Lies. Complete and utter lies."

He smirks," Oh really now? Guess I'll be leaving now."

He moves to stand and I pull his wrist back. He lands with his hands caging my body in. My breath catches. This wasn't supposed to happen. Jason breathes in deeply and doesn't move. A large part of me, I realize, doesn't want him to. I look at his lips and I lick mine. I look back at his eyes and they seem to have darkened.

He opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by my mom calling to us," Kids, dinner is ready."

Jason moves away quickly and heads out of my room without a word, leaving me to compose myself once more and follow after him. What the fuck?