Emery

The sound of the doorbell rips me from my book. With a sigh, I set it to the side and headed to the door. I hold in a groan," Why are you two here? We didn't have plans."

Aaron brushes past me and Ace gives me an apologetic look before doing the same thing," As you know, our dear captain's birthday is soon and we want your help getting him a surprise." 

I cross my arms over my chest," How do you know I don't already have his present?"

Ace raises an eyebrow," Do you?"

I let my arms fall with a sigh. I've been completely out of ideas for months. Somehow this feels different now that I like him and I nothing seems good enough," No. What were you thinking?"

"What's his favorite hockey team," Aaron appears with a bag of chips in his hands. When did he even leave?

"Av's," I say simply, ripping the bag of chips from Aaron's hands," Why?"

"We want to get him tickets to see them and it would be a trip for us four."

I think about it for a moment. It would be fun to go on a trip with them but I don't know how my parents will react," What about parents? I don't know how well my parents will react to me going on a trip with three guys."

"What's this about a trip," As if summoned by the thought my father appears. 

"For Jay's birthday they want to get tickets to see a hockey game," I tell him," Just us four."

"I don't mind," He says with a smile," I trust Jay to protect you, and if Jay trusts them then I do too. How much are the tickets?"

"Don't worry about that," Ace speaks up," My parents said they had it all covered. We'll be driving up and staying for the weekend in Denver and then driving back before school starts on Monday."

"You don't have to cover the cost, Ace," I protest," I could have bought my own ticket."

"Too late," Ace gives me a small smile," tickets were already bought. And we already got approval from Jay's parents. You were our last stop for this."

"Then I guess we're going to Denver," I can't help the excited smile that appears on my face. I turn to my father, wrapping him in a tight hug," Thank you for letting me go but what about Mom?"

"She already heard from Jay's parents."

Of course, she did.

----------

"Give me your bag," Jason motions for my bag as we all start packing my mom's car. She's letting me borrow it for the space. 

I move around him," No, it's your birthday. I can carry my own things."

"Absolutely not," He sidesteps and stops me from moving more," Give me."

I don't even have a chance to protest before he rips the bag from my grip and marches it to the car. I roll my eyes, a smile playing on my face. I head back into the kitchen where my mom is waiting with the keys. 

"Are you sure you have everything?"

"Yes, Mom. Jason checked everything for me," I tell her," I'll be safe and I'll text you when we get there."

She hesitates for a moment before handing me her car keys. I wrap her in a hug and she places a kiss on my forehead. My dad gets the next one before I'm bounding out the door. Everyone else is already in their seats. Ace and Aaron are in the back and Jason is in the passenger seat. It's not long before we're on the interstate with music playing loudly in the car. 

I set the speed to what it needs and take my foot off the gas, relaxing my position a little. We've been on the road for an hour and we have about two left before we reach the hotel. I'm sharing a room with Jason and across from us, Aaron and Ace are sharing a room. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about that. 

"Do you want to switch soon," Jason asks, turning down the music," You don't have to drive the whole way."

"Yeah, I'll switch with you at any time," Ace leans forward," Jason, you don't get to drive."

"What? Why?"

"Cause it's your birthday," Aaron comments," Stop complaining."

I snicker," At the next truck stop we can switch, Ace."

"Alright."

Jason turns the music back up and we all start singing along loudly. It's obnoxious and wonderful. I love it. When I pull off to switch, we're all laughing. Jason moves into the back with me and I lay down, my head in his lap. I text my mom an update as Ace pulls back onto the interstate. 

"Are you going to sleep?" Jason asks. 

A yawn leaves my mouth," Yeah."

He just nods, his fingers running through my hair. I hum contentedly and close my eyes. It's not long before I'm fast asleep.

----------

By the time we get back from the hockey game, we're all exhausted. I'm leaning almost all my weight into Jason as he unlocks the door and I flop onto my bed with a content sigh. I feel the dip of Jason's weight and I turn my head to look at him. 

I smile when I see him laid back, facing me," Did you have fun, Jay?"

"Tons," He smiles," I was happy to spend the day with you."

"And Ace and Aaron," I add on with a chuckle," I'm glad you liked your birthday present."

Jason reaches out, brushing my hair behind my ear," I would have liked anything you gave me."

He cups my cheek and I feel my face warm. My eyes flick to his lips for a second before looking back at his eyes. They're darker than before," Do you have other ideas of what I could give you?"

"This," He brings me closer, connecting our lips. 

It takes a moment before my brain connects to the rest of my body and I kiss him back. He opens his mouth to me and I dip my tongue in instantly. He's so warm. His hand moves from my cheek to my waist and he pulls me to straddle his waist. I lean over him, deepening the kiss even more. 

We break apart, panting," Fuck, I didn't expect that to go so well."

I blow out a breathless laugh. He's fast to connect our lips again and he groans into my mouth. It sends electricity through my body. I bite his bottom lip and he fully moans. I trail kisses down his jaw. I kiss his pulse, which is beating incredibly fast. I graze my teeth up his neck and he shudders, his hips jutting up in a needy way. It makes my brain go foggy in the best way possible. 

"Emery," He whines," You're going to kill me."

I pull back with a smirk," What a good way to die."

He flips us quickly, making my breath catch. He kisses my neck and I move my head back to give him more access automatically. He hums his approval," It's a great way to die. You have no clue how obsessed I am with you, Em. No clue."

I dive my fingers into his hair, pulling his head back gently," Want to show me?"

"Fuck, yes."