Jason

I watch as Emery finishes her practice with a smile on my face. Everything between us has been good. We're no longer awkward and back to our normal. She skates off and immediately wraps me in a hug. It's surprising but nice.

"Hi Em," I mumble into her hair," You looked great."

"Seems pretty simple to me," Aaron glances between us as we break apart," Can't be that hard."

Everyone is pretty fast to agree with him, except for me. I've tried the same things she does before and it is not easy. Emery raises an eyebrow at them," If it's so easy get on the ice."

"But we have practice," Aaron is suddenly pale," I don't think we can."

"No, she can do this," Coach makes all of us jump," We have time before our next game and you seem very keen on making fun of her sport. It only seems fitting. She's your coach for today."

He walks out fast. I guess he didn't want to be here today," You heard the man," She gives an evil smirk that would make me fall to my knees immediately if we weren't around people," On the ice," Everyone follows her instructions with a pout and I watch with amusement," You too, Jason."

I gape," What? I didn't do anything. Why am I being subjected to this?"

"You're the captain," She puts her hands on her hips," One word from you and they would have stopped. So, on the ice."

I can't help but smile. I love when she's like this," Yes, ma'am."

I brush past her and she's fast to take control. She looks so good controlling a room. I would love for her to control me like this all the time. My team struggles to go through the movements that are performed so easily by Emery. She follows our failures with rude comments that have me snickering, even when they are directed at me. 

"Come on, Aaron," She calls at him," You're about as graceful as a newborn baby trying to walk."

"I'm trying," He yells back. 

"Ace, imagine you're a gazelle," She grimaces," Not a fish out of water."

I have to clap a hand over my mouth to stop the laughs from leaving my mouth. Lord, I love this woman. How is she so amazing? I skate up to her," I think you may rival our coach with brutality."

She smirks," These were comments yelled at me when I first started. I understand why my coaches yelled them at me now."

"You have way too much power," I mumble and she looks at me with a raised eyebrow. I lean over to whisper in her ear, before I lose confidence," You look great shouting orders. If you ever want someone to shout orders at, I'll be the volunteer."

Her face turns beat red as I skate away and I laugh," Jason, shut the hell up!"

"Never," I stick my tongue out," You make it too easy."

She shakes her head," I'm done torturing you for today. This was fun. We should do it again."

"No!" Ace and Aaron both yell. 

I chuckle, clapping them both on the back," Don't insult her sport."

"How did you get her to stop," Ace asks as we skate off the ice," You said something and then suddenly we were done."

"I teased her just a little," I smirk.

Ace shakes his head with a snort," You are ridiculous. I hope you know that."

"Of course, I do," I smile at him," But it got us to stop, so I say it's a win."

We all get changed and we meet Emery outside the building. She walks over to us and I take her bag from her," Did you have fun, Aaron?"

"I hate you," He mumbles," I didn't think you could be so mean. I don't know how he handles it so much," He jabs a finger back at me. 

I smirk," Something was wired wrong in my brain."

"Seems like the most possible explanation," Ace rolls his eyes," Degradation kink much."

"I think much is an understatement," Emery sends a bright smile in my direction and my heart stumbles," I think it's why he keeps me around."

"Oh, absolutely," I smile back at her," I can't go on with life without someone using my degradation kink to fulfill my life."

"Good to know I fulfill a part of your life," She shrugs but I can see the pink of her ears," Wouldn't want anyone else to do that job."

Ace snorts," I don't think anyone could do it as well as you, Em. You have a secret talent for making insults sound good."

God, she does. She makes them sound so good. It makes my brain muddled half the time. Concentrating on not kissing her when she starts insulting me is very hard. I think there might be something wrong with me. I was slammed into the wall too many times for this to be mentally ok. Maybe I should talk to someone about that.

"Dude, you are majorly zoned out," Ace thumps the side of my head," Pay attention. We asked if you wanted to eat out with us."

I mutter an apology before agreeing. It's a quick drive to a small diner that Emery likes. I don't know how she got all my friends to bend to her will but I'm not surprised. She could ask me to murder a man and I would, just to see her smile. I watch her laugh and tease my friends. She's become a huge part of everyone's lives this year. She laughs at something Aaron says and I admire the way her eyes sparkle. It's like she holds starlight in her eyes and every time she's happy it brightens. She could destroy my world and I'd stand with her in the ruin and hold her hand. 

Her head turns to me and she gives me a curious smile. She leans in to whisper," What's wrong? You're very quiet."

I give her a small smile. God, I love this girl," Everything is perfect."