006

AURORA'S POV

I THINK HE KNOWS

Anaheim, CA

AUTHOR'S NOTE: LISTEN TO CRUEL SUMMER BY TAYLOR SWIFT AND NEVER BE ALONE BY SHAWN MENDES BEFORE READING THIS CHAPTER

Holy shit.

I was just sitting here eating my pancakes when I realized it. I think he knows.

There's no way he doesn't know about that list I made. The shirt? You Are In Love. The paper ring? Paper Rings. Eating that cereal in the middle of the night? 22.

He's following the list for me. Why? I don't know. Maybe he has this mastermind plan to make me fall in love with him and he's decided to use my list. I don't know what he's doing.. but it's sort of working.

Jamie has to know about this, that's probably why Trevor moved in with me. Jamie's in on this, no doubt. I'm not going to bring it up to either of them, I'm going to let Trevor complete this list, because honestly, it's really sweet.

"Do you wanna go for a drive?" He asks once we get back into his car.

"Yeah, sure." If I'm remembering the list correctly, I think this might be the Cruel Summer moment. The weather is since, the windows are down, all we need is to drive down the coast.

"Come here, dressed in black now. So, so, so it goes. Scratches down your back now. So, so, so it goes. You did a number on me, but honestly baby who's counting?" So It Goes has to be one of my favorite Taylor songs of off Reputation.

We're driving down the coast, but Cruel Summer hasn't came on yet. Almost as if I spoke it into existence, it starts to play. Trevor turns it up louder.

Cruel Summer gets checked off the list.

"Fever dream high in the quiet of the night you know that I caught it." I put my hand out the window and it I glide it through the wind. Cruel Summer was made for moments like these.

"Bad, bad boy. Shiny toy with a price you know that I bought it. Killing me slow, out the window
I'm always waiting for you to be waiting below."

"Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes." I always roll my eyes at that part. "What doesn't kill me makes me want you more and it's new, the shape of your body it's blue. The feeling I've got and it's ooh, whoa, oh. It's a cruel summer." I look over at Trevor, he's having just as good of a time as I'm having.

"It's cool, that's what I tell 'em no rules in breakable heaven. But ooh, whoa oh, It's a cruel summer with you." He doesn't know I know about the list. And I feel like he's not on to me about knowing about it either.

"Hang your head low in the glow of the vending machine, I'm not dying. You say that we'll just screw it up in these trying times, We're not trying." My hand becomes my own pretend microphone.

"So cut the headlights, summer's a knife. I'm always waiting for you just to cut to the bone.
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes," The next line is my favorite, I can't hide my smile when I scream it. "And if I bleed, you'll be the last to know."

The bridge is the best part of the whole song. It is also the part Trevor and I scream the loudest. It gives me much needed serotonin.

"I'm drunk in the back of the car," I make a car motion with my hands. "And I cried like a baby coming home from the bar, oh."

"Said I'm fine but it wasn't true. I don't wanna keep secrets just to keep you!" I point my hand at the dashboard with each word.

"And I snuck in through the garden gate every night that summer just to seal my fate, oh!" The wind is blowing through his hair perfectly.