008

AURORA'S POV

THE FINAL TWO

Anaheim, CA

It's been a month since the last time I checked something off the list. This month has flew by, honestly. The season is almost over, and the Ducks only have home games left.

"I got something for you." Trevor walks through the door. He had practice this morning.

I know what this is about to be. "You did?" I ask. For me to want to experience these moments, it feels weird to dread them.

"Yep." He walks toward me with a jeweler my box. I wonder what his explanation will be for this.

He hands it to me and I open it. It's a gold chain with a T on it. Call It What You Want? Check. It has little diamonds on the T, it's really pretty, actually. It's small, not too noticeable.

"I love it, Trev. Thank you. Could you put it on for me?" I hand him the necklace. I still wear the gold cross he gave me.

I want to wear his initial on a chain 'round my neck, chain 'round my neck. Not because he owns me, because he really knows me.

"It looks perfect." He looks at me through the vanity. I haven't counted any of these things as sweet nothings, although they should count.

- THE NEXT DAY

I'm finally whipping out my Zegras jersey for the game today. It's pretty hot out, so I'm hoping I don't die from heat exhaustion. Jamie is with me at the game, we have on the glass tickets.

"Did you finally break out the Zegras jersey?" Jamie asks once he met me at our seats.

"I did." I state. Jamie is wearing a Ducks t-shirt and some jeans, nothing stating a specific player.

"And how did Trevor react to that?" He asks handing me something wrapped in foil, most likely a hot dog.

"He didn't, he doesn't know. It's not like it'll be a big deal, anyway." I say. I wonder how much of this mastermind plan Trevor has been telling Jamie.

The Ducks are playing the Blackhawks who are obviously tanking for Bedard. I really hope the Ducks win the draft lottery. McTavish, Zegras, and Bedard would be an amazing center trio.

Zegras takes the face off, losing it, but the Ducks find control of the puck in the neutral zone. The first period goes up and down the ice, both teams getting great scoring chances and power play opportunities, but not being able to capitalize on anything.

The first period ends scoreless, but by the looks of the last 5 minutes of the first, the second is going to be a lot more sharp and fast paced.

It seems I was right. Right out of the gate, the Ducks score a goal, taking the lead. The whole crowd erupts into cheers for the team. Although they aren't making it to the playoffs this year, the fans are still supportive no matter what. McTavish gets the goal, Terry and Fowler get the assists.

The crowd settles back into their seats at the puck is prepared to be dropped. As the time inches off the clock, the team is getting more and more hopeful they will come out of this with a win.