Chapter 16

Saad's POV
***
Danial run towards me and I pick him up. I spot Daniya staring at me as I walk up next to her. I smirk.
"Like what your looking at?"I ask her.
She looks away. We all walk behind Aleena. Daniya help her sit as she fixes her dress.

It's going to be a simple nikha ceremony. After that we will eat and then go home. Obviously not many people are invited. It's an only a family function.

"Nikha shuru kare" my dad says.
(Let begin the Nikha)

The nikha begins. The imam is seated across from both of them. My parents on Haiders side while Haiders parents on Aleena's side. I'm standing next to my parent across from Daniya who is beside her parents.

The imam starts talking " Do you Aleena Shehnaz Ahmad daughter of Chaudry Ayaan Ahmad, take Haider Naseem Ahmad, son of Chaudry Naseem Ahmed, to be your husband"

In an instant Aleena repeats "Qabool hai" 3 times. I chuckle at her, why is my sister so crazy.

Then the imam asks the same thing to Haider and he calmly says "qabool hai" 3 times. Now both of them at told to sigh the paper.

I can imagine my self sitting their with Daniya saying the same lines over and over. I look over at Daniya who's so concentrated that she doesn't even see the little toddler on her legs. I smile as I  go over and pick the child up.

I stand up and look straight into wide eyes. I give her a smirky smile as I walk back to my spot with the child in my hands.

Daniya's POV
***

Saad bends down and picks the child from my legs which I never knew was their. He stands up but I widen my eyes as he's so close to me. He gives me a smirk and walk back to his spot.

     "Mubarak ho" everyone starts saying.
My mom pulls out a box of sweet and offers one to Aleena while still holding it. Aleena takes a bite out of it and then my mom offers the rest to Haider.
Wait what!! That's an indirectly kiss and it was directed by my mother?!. What the hell.

My chachi (Aleena's mom) offers me a Gulab jam-an from which I take a bite from. Behind her I see Saad approaching still carrying the child he hugs he's mom and take the rest of the Gulab jaman with his mouth.

My heart stops. Just ate the Gulab jamat I had taken a bite form. Aka he indirectly kissed me!! Wait no I indirectly kissed him!!!. Chachi didn't even seem to notice as she kissed him on his cheek and walked over to the others.

     "What wrong" Saad ask me still with his cheeky smile.
He's always smirking around me, what's wrong with him. I frown.
     "Nothing" I say acting like I don't care at all that he ate the Gulab jaman I bit.
     "Sure" he says as the child in his hand wiggles and reaches over for me.

This is my Khala's toddler. He's so beautifully cute. I take the child but notice that Saad is looking at my lips. I wipe my mouth and he chuckles.

"What" I say aware of his eyes on my face.
      "You have Gulab jaman juice on you face" he bends over and and takes a tissue form the nikha table and hand it to me.
      "Thanks" I say as I take the tissue from his hand and wipe my mouth.