37

******

I thought I'd feel great, or some type of relief.

After 10 years I finally fought back, instead of being proud I'm hoping someone will find him soon. I'm wondering what damage I did to him. I wasn't holding back when I hit him, or even kicked him.

What kind of trouble am I going to get into this time? Hitting Gale or little Odair is different, Zane had his perks for keeping me off their radar. When it happens to himself... I guess we'll find out.

Now it feels like I just got out of the games again, regretting everything. I feel like that lost kid that reflected his whole life on the rooftop again.

I opened my door thinking I'd be alone with my thoughts. But I saw exactly what would make me feel better.

Kay was sitting on my bed, her hair brushed out. Watching.. her games again. All the blankets were huddled around her in almost a cocoon, my room is still cold.

She looked over at me, her face going still. " What happened?" She asked tearing everything off of her.

I happened to get a glimpse of myself from the bathroom mirror, I forgot I had blood on me. Luckily I didn't see anyone on the way there or back.

" I think I need one of those hugs." I answered sniffing.

" Come to the bathroom." She says taking my arm pulling me there, she grabs a small towel running it under some cold water before taking my face in her hands wiping the blood off ever so gently.

" You have some on your shirt." She whispers.

" It's not mine."

Her eyes flashed up to mine, she smiled for a brief second before washing off my face again. " I'll grab you a new shirt." she speeds out before I could say anything coming right back in with a new one handing it to me.

I turn slightly away from her throwing it on, still trying to take even breaths. Before I could even get the new shirt down all the way she practically slammed into me for that hug.

I grabbed around her waist burying my head in her neck, I didn't ant her to see me crying like a bitch. It just came out.

" What happened to you?" She asks.

" My dad."

She tightened for a second before she took a breath, she remembered again. " He does this to you a lot."

I nod.

She pulled away, " Why don't you ever fight back Cato?" She almost yelled, but her eyes held so much sadness for me. " I know you can fight-"

" I did. I hit him. I did damage."

All she does is stare, almost shocked. I take a breath laughing lightly, " You'd think aftr 10 years of dealing with that shit I'd feel good." Still she just stares, like she to was just about to break.

" I'm done fighting Kay... I'm so sick of fighting." My voice nearly breaks.

She stops taking in a soft breath. " I'm here." She hugs me again.

I finally feel fully sorry for the kids I killed. Kids.

" More happened." She whispers after awhile. She pulls away looking up at me, " I heard you leave."

" Yea, we had a meeting..."

" Something happened there?"

I bite the inside of my cheek, looking away. " Stop trying to be strong Cato." She whispers making me look at her again.