42

It's been a couple days since the fight. I know everyone is equally pissed at me for dragging Cato into it, or earning them a chore day.

I can't blame them.

As I walk to my new spot I often times see the girls looking in my direction, always with a hint of resentment. More pity from Macy, the others hold resentment, the most coming from Priya.

I can't blame her, Cato is her ' brother' I remembered the night Cato came back from 8. She was there, I remember that was I think the first time they hugged like that, I could be wrong.

I saw how much she cared for him.

That's about all I could remember from that night.

I noticed Cato normally wasn't there. I haven't seen him around unless it was at their table even then he was never there long before he went off.

I had a feeling he was mad at me still, again I can't blame him, maybe he didn't want to see me after he said the Capitol melted me to be the way I am.

It was a possibility I needed to question about.

As I ate my normal meal, Enobaria found me. " You need to come with me."

" For what?"

She huffs annoyed, " Because I'm not in the mood anymore for Cato. And if he or Command finds out I haven't been showing you the tapes I'll get my ass chewed. Now come on."

I follow her out of the dining hall, to our hall. My heart increases, " Why are we going in Cato's room?"

" You can stay out here if you want, I know you two have this distance thing going on. I don't think he's here, fine by me he's been to busy to realize I never grabbed it."

I roll my eyes to myself, we don't have any ' things' going on.

" What's he been so busy with?" I question.

She raises her one brow just barely giving me a tight lined look. " Coin's been keeping him busy."

Coin is till trying to punish him, in a way less obvious.

" What does she have him doing."

She grabs the tape, tucking it into one of the many pockets in her pants, " Well, first she wanted more information on 2. Cato was the next best option since she sent Zane.." She stopped. " She wants to know all the ins and outs of the district."

I shake my head, " He should've never tried helping me.."

" It's Cato, Kaylaya. That's what he's always done, you know that."

I do. At this point I think it's so driven in him he can't help it anymore.