* Chapter 37 *

XXXVII. • °

I sat there as the lady rubbed the bottom of my feet and scrubbed the palm of it, I jerked away as the tickling sensation settled through my body. 

I had never gotten a pedicure before so I never knew it would be this hard to sit still. She had to keep pulling my feet back to her and I honestly felt bad but I couldn't help it.

Nadia was getting a massage so she laid on the table but Tessa and I were getting pedicures sitting next to one another.

"So how are you girls enjoying vacation? Are we having fun?" Nadia asked.

Tessa nodded while moving her feet around in the water, "Yeah, I am actually, I'm glad everything worked out alright."

"Me too, I know you guys don't like me being must and things but it's entirely your guy's fault," I say struggling to keep my feet still. "But I really am happy to be here with all of you but mostly you two."

Nadia looked up with the fattest smile on her face, "Ya'll know I'm the most mushy person ever, but I don't care. You two are the sisters I've never had but I'm glad we all found each other, our kids definitely have to be best friends."

I saw Tessa roll her eyes even though she tried to hide her expression, "First of all kids? And second I do appreciate that we are here together but that doesn't mean I'm gonna let you both turn me into an emotional asshole."

"It's okay Tess, we understand," I say teasingly.

"Says the person who used to hate hugs, what has gotten into you."

Nadia laughed, "But can we talk about what the boys did to us yesterday? Who idea do ya'll think it was?"

"Maybe...Damon."

"Really? I don't know I've never seen Damon play any sports now that I think about it...but Kobe is the most active out of all of them."

"Yeah but did you see him?" Tessa said letting out a laugh, "He didn't know what to do, I mean Josie was kicking ass."

"Yeah you really were, Jose have you ever played before?"

I shook my head, "No, I never have...honestly, I had no clue what I was doing I just didn't want them to win."

"Yeah, we could've won I was going easy on them so I wouldn't break my nail."

Nadia and I glanced up at each other both of us trying to hold back a laugh but Tessa caught it. She looked between the both of us confused, "What the fuck is funny?"

"Oh, nothing it's just we know what really had you distracted."

"What?"

"See," I sat up clearing my throat, "When I was struggling, I saw you looking at-"

"I know what you're about to say, it's not true actually. I was focusing on the game I had no idea that-"

"No idea that you and that blonde-haired guy were eyeing each other the whole time?"

"Whatever, ya'll can't say he wasn't cute."

"Yeah..." Nadia trailed, "You have a major thing for blondes."

"And what's wrong with that? Not saying that because I'm a blonde but boys with blonde hair and blue eyes with a nice bod...right Josie?"

I shrugged, "He was cute, definitely your type."

"Yeah so, but I forgot you do like jet-black hair."

My face immediately filled with warmth when she said that and I didn't know what else to say after that. I knew exactly why she said that and she knew it would shut me up, she said it so smoothly that Nadia didn't notice and I was glad she didn't because she would've asked who she was referring to.