006

"okay so this booklet has all the exercises we went through today and what days do them," doctor ross said and hands it to me. "and feel free to call me anytime if you need help."

"okay, thank you," i say with a tight-lipped smile on my face.

the appointment wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. actually, it wasn't bad at all. just a doctor's appointment like jack said but i refuse to ever tell him that.

"well that's all for today, we can schedule a checkup with you later to see how things are going at home," the doctor says smiling at me and switching his gaze over to jack who is laying on the doctor's table and texting on his phone.

i roll my eyes at him because why has he made himself so comfortable like he's in his own bed? i wonder if he's even paying attention to what he's saying as we are at his doctor's appointment. jack finally looks up with a smile on his face. what was so engrossing on his phone that he's smiling at his appointment for his hurt shoulder.

"thanks, doctor ross," jack says and tucks his phone into the pocket of his hoodie as he gets off the table to give doctor ross the weird handshake that guys do.

my body was waiting to get out of the office and to hit the pillows once we got home but i had to suffer another long car ride with jack to get there.

we get to the car and i try my best to get as comfortable as i can in my seat for this excruciating car ride.

"here," jack says handing me the aux.

"what?" i scrunch my eyebrows together. there's no way he's letting me pick the music. this guy has always rolled his eyes and groaned whenever i pick the songs.

"play whatever you want," jack says, that stupid smile he had in the doctor's office had yet to leave his face.

"okay," i reply, suspicious of his mood change.

Thea
hey if i die tonight please don't tell any embarrassing stories at my funeral

Scarlett
WHAT

Thea
jack's acting weird since we got out of the doctor's office

Scarlett
weird how...

Thea
he's smiling and letting me play the music in the car

Scarlett
smiling????? WITH YOU 🤭

Thea
no
he was on his phone and just didn't stop smiling after that

Scarlett
oh
and what does this have to do with you dying?

Thea
what if he's getting ready to murder me

Scarlett
girl 😐
really
be real for a sec

Thea
i'm just saying he's looking real happy
and there's no way he's ever that happy with me

Scarlett
you're just delusional 🫶
he's probably just texting one of his girls

Thea
ew
did not need that image in my head

Scarlett
so dramatic
anyways you'll be fine...
not at night tho
sleep with a pillow over your head to block out any noises

Thea
i hate you 🖕