010

"how's that?" i ask jack.

awkwardness has filled the air since our minor disagreement last night. i've been keeping our conversations to a minimum–more than they normally are.

"it's good."

jack has tried to make an effort to talk to me but i've shut it down each time. this has happened before. our pesky little fights that somehow have turned into something more. we had too much pride to ever flat-out say sorry, so there were different ways we would try to show it. jack's way of an apology was trying to get me to talk with him without any animosity–which he has been trying since this morning but so far it has failed.

once we were done with the exercises–that have gone much smoother this time, i headed back to my room.

"hey thea wait." i stop in my tracks. turning around to face jack.

"yeah?"

"umm... the devils are hosting a party and i have to go and i was wondering if you wanted to join me," he asks timidly–rolling on the balls of his feet, waiting for my answer.

"i think i might have to sit this one out"

"yeah, yeah. that's alright," he says nodding his head quickly.

✭ ✭ ✭

Quinn
why aren't you going

Thea
what

Quinn
why aren't you going to the devs party

Thea
bc i have homework to do

Quinn
seriously
you can't come up with a better excuse

Thea
no

Quinn
althea dela cruz you will go to this party

Thea
no

Quinn
look this will be good for you
the staff will be there, you can meet them and you know put in a good word for yourself
stop turning down opportunities

Thea
fine
🖕

Quinn
you miss 100% of the shots you don't take - wayne gretzky
#followyourdreams
#nevergiveup

Thea
#stfu

Quinn
#killemwithkindness

Thea
i'm gonna block you

Quinn
nooooo
😘😘

Thea
yes 🤮

✭ ✭ ✭

i knock on jack's bedroom door.

"come in," i open the door to see jack lying in his messy bed and scrolling through his phone. he drops the phone to his chest and looks at me.

i stay in his doorway–it feels illegal to step inside. like i'm overstepping into his space even though i already had the night before. this feels more different especially because jack isn't drunk this time. i look around his room, seeing things are a little more messier than yesterday.

"um, so does your offer still stand?"

"yeah it does," he smiles a little bit.

"thanks," i say with a tight-lipped smile. "also stop snitching to your brothers," i tell him as i've already closed the door halfway. i've learned that if one hughes brother knows something the other ones are bound to know as well.

"I DON'T SNITCH TO THEM!" he yells from his room.

✭ ✭ ✭

my bad guys, life's been kicking my ass
but hopefully i can get on my grind soon 🙏