Today was Bella's birthday, which meant we were all going to Benny's house. We decided not to tell him about Olivia right away, but to wait to when Olivia was there too.

The party was sort of formal, so Ella Aisha and I pick our dresses so we could take pictures later.

I did my hair, put of my dress jewelry and did a little bit of makeup.

I was wearing a long sleeve green fitted dress that went to just above my knees

"Oh my god Nena you look beautiful" Ella said walking into my room with Aisha, who gasped with a smile on her face.

Since we never really had formal parties i never dressed up for them, but now that im all dressed up, i do feel good. Confident.

I put on my new white converse and we walked downstairs where my parents and the girls parents were.

"Ayyy muchachas you look so pretty!" My mom exclaimed

"Gracias mami" i say going up to hug her. She also looked really good. She had us at 16 so she was really young.

The sandlot guys started getting to my house so we all look group pictures. They looked like hoco pictures with an elementary schooler middle schoolers plus us high schoolers.

We headed to the Rodriguez house and went to the back. It was decorated so beautifully.

We all sat down to eat. Or at least tried to since we kept getting attacked with hugs and questions by Bennys family.

"ANDREA!! Ay mi niña mira que hermosa estas" his Tia Rosa said hugging me

"Hola Rosita" i say laughing while hugging her back

She saw Benny was at the drinks table getting horchata and she smirked

"I heard Benny has a girlfriend. Did he finally ask you?" She said loud enough for Benny to hear. I swear the horchata was about to squirt out his nose

"Uhh no-" we both say when GUESS WHO SHOWED UP?? EL CHAPULÍN COLORADO.

Im kidding it was la bruja del 71.
Olivia

"Hey babe" she said going up to kiss Bennys cheek. He just looked uncomfortable and i cringed.

Im sorry but couples calling each other babe or baby NOPE HUGE NO FOR ME

" *gasps in spanish ifykyk* no chingues" Bennys other tia, Isabel, says. "Se fue a buscar a orta cuando aquí esta la niña perfecta" ngl that comment made me blush

Just then Olivia came up to them.
"Hola" she said in broken spanish. Normally i wouldnt judge but shes also hispanic, just white washed. She didnt care about learning anything about her culture until it basically became a trend. There was even a time in middle school she denied being hispanic.(those people are actually so annoying and then they try to correct your spanish and things about the culture and shit like I WAS RAISED LIKE THIS AND YOU LEARNED IT FROM TIKTOK)

"Hmm.. Hello" Tia Isabel said not even hiding her disappointment. If only she knew how disappointed she should be.

"Soy Bennys girlfriend" Olivia said still trying.

"Yes i can see that." Tia Isabel said, her Spanish accent adding that bit of sass it needed
"Anyways Nenita! Escuché que estas tomando clases avanzadas!"

"Ahi sii mi niña que inteligente eres!" Tia Rosa said clapping.

"Ya ya Tias déjenla comer" Bennys mom said waving them off.

"Gracias Mari" i said laughing

I head to where the group was sitting and we all ate. Suddenly i heard something that made my mood go from 100 to 100000. A BANDA WAS COMING!