Chapter 253

We slowly walk forward while activating our skills.

The white, green, blue, and red lights shine through the grey mana-imbued fog until we're completely engulfed.

White transfer magic blinds me as I push my perception skills to their limits.

What Lydia said stuck out to me. Special Bosses are much more intelligent than most, it's best to stay on guard even if I'm clearly strong enough to defeat it.

If this is going to be a brand new Floor Boss, I'd like to find out everything there is to know about it before it gets a chance to make its move.

The white light around me fades away, revealing the light purple tint of the Lower-Floor Boss' domain.

[400m]

[Lv. 440]

[Lv. 440]

[Lv. 440]

[Lv. 440]

[250m]

[Lv. 435]

[Lv. 435]

[Lv. 435]

[Lv. 435]

[Lv. 435]

[Lv. 435]

[100m]

[Lv. 430]

[Lv. 430]

[Lv. 430]

[Lv. 430]

[Lv. 430]

[Lv. 430]

Readings pop up all over my inspect and enemy detection skills.

The Floor Boss' minion's levels fill my mind's eye as my gaze tightens and focuses on the enormous tree at the back of the dungeon.

"Not what I was expecting at all..."

Its trunk is easily 100 meters in diameter and grows high into the dark purple sky spreading green leaves in all directions. It's creating cover from above for over a kilometer high.

The thick brown roots of the overgrown plant twist and turn all over the dungeon floor creating mounds of rock and dirt hundreds of meters high and opening up earth down below for presumably the same distance.

They're ferociously searching for nutrients to support the massive tree to grow more, this creates a very odd landscape.

Large red circular fruits hang from the branches that look big enough to crush a small town if they were to fall to the ground. They look like overgrown apples but have a thin mana shielding around each of them.

I whisper under my breath.

"I've never seen anything like this..."

As these words leave my lips, a pair of crimson-red eyes appear from the back side of the tree in the darkness. Dense invisible mana comes radiating from them.

I feel a wave of intimidation hit me as I appraise and inspect the lurking creature in question.

I shiver out of reflex and watch my teammate's bare mind attack, but manage to stay on their feet.

My attention turns back to the Boss.

Its dark black scales glimmer purple and green as it twists and slithers around the branches near the top of the tree's trunk. Still hidden in the dark purple fog and shadows, It lets out a loud hiss and shows off its white fangs, welcoming us to its lair.

Another intense wave of energy hits all of us as the monster's status comes into my mind's eye.

____________________