Chapter 341

The merchant looks at me with a curious gaze.

"What did you even come here for? It's not often people make their way this far north into Sector 1 by accident."

I think to myself for a moment, but shrug and reach into my storage to pull out the silver card with an address from the guild leader on it. While showing the card to the man I reply.

"I'm here to meet a friend, they said I could find them at this address."

His eyes start to widen as he scans the card, and I can visibly see his skin begin to turn paler. After a few seconds pass, he points to the door and speaks in a low tone.

"Just- Just keep making your way north. Once you make it to the walls, I'm sure you'll be able to find that guild."

He audibly gulps and refuses to make eye contact with me again, but I still give him a smile while walking out the door.

"Well alright, thanks for the concealment ring."

There's no response as I walk out into the town's streets and keep walking north as he said to .

His strange behavior makes me become a bit more wary of my surroundings. Just the Solaran worker acting off when I mention Valor City is one thing, but now a second person gives me an odd look when I show him a guild address.

The town goes on for another kilometer uphill, and I make my way through a few smaller districts of residential and green park-like sections with winding paths, small ponds, and healthy grass and trees. The soil is hard, rocky, and cold, but the wildlife seems tough enough to survive in this environment.

Eventually, I finally get a peek at these so-called walls the man in the merchant shop was talking about.

Once far enough north, the apartment buildings become less common, and I actually get a view of the landscape behind this settlement.

What I see is shocking.

As the city thins out, more green grass, winding roads and trails, and wildlife come into view. There's a tall range of mountains behind the city with lively grassy green bases, and snow-capped peaks.

They go on for as far as the eye can see in the distance, and shadows of even taller ones lurk in the background behind the clearly visible ones before my eyes.

The more incredible sight of all is the enormous city atop one of the largest mountains.

It looks like its top was chopped clean off and a city rests on an elevated plateau kilometers above this small town below.

Silver walls surround it, making the height look even greater, and the only reason I know there's a city inside is because of the towering skyscrapers stretching out from the circular walls up high through the cloud line.

My eyes are glued to the magnificent structure as I continue to walk further away from the town behind me and up the winding mountainous paths toward the city.

Many others take the same routes. There are a few silver and red trolley carts that make their way up and down the main road to the city, bringing people to and from, but I decide to enjoy the view and crisp cold air to walk on my own.

Quite a bit of time passes before I start to make my way toward the crowded base of the mountain.

The towering silver walls look even more enormous now that I'm so close. It takes almost an hour to make my way up the mountain to the gate. There are hundreds of people standing in an orderly line, and to my surprise, there are only 2 guards in silver armor that match the walls.