Chapter 265

My vision begins to fill with the familiar white light of transfer magic bringing me to the next floor.

So many questions fill my mind as a black hallway comes into view and my feet fall onto the hard rocky ground.

I defeated that Knight with ease, but it's only because my mana control is on par with monsters much higher than my own level. With my armor buffs and an array of skills, that level gap can be raised even more.

It was using Demonic Energy, not magic... It's odd attacks were able to destroy mine completely despite the overwhelming strength difference. If it had even a moment to think and dodge, my strikes were somewhat useless.

It's time to get some answers.

"Item Storage."

The white spinning portal of my spatial magic lets Ember walk out. It's a tight fit in this narrow cave, but heading straight into the final Boss room without a plan would be far too reckless.

He takes a step forward and immediately opens our link.

"You've gained a lot of mana control. I take it those stones were all absorbed...? Our levels have risen as well. Just one more before the rank up."

Ember pauses, then looks me up and down warily.

"What trouble have you gotten yourself into now?"

He stares straight at me not moving a muscle. It seems like he's looking right through. I respond.

"What do you mean? I already told you we were headed for a labyrinth. The trouble hasn't even started yet."

I turn and point toward the end of the hallway at the swirling black portal. It's oversaturated with energy, but not nearly as bad as some of the violent eruptions of mana I've seen from some Boss Rooms.

This one is calm, and waiting patiently for the floors below to collapse before releasing its magic on the world. In the meantime, it's inviting anyone in who wants to try their hand at battle.

Ember nods slowly, looking at the portal, then back to me.

"I don't mean the Labyrinth, I mean the Demonic Energy around you... I haven't felt an aura like this in ages."

The black-scaled dragon tightens its gaze and gives me a curious glance, but I can see genuine concern in his eyes.

I reply.

"Demonic Energy? Is it that dangerous? I haven't even used that skill yet. How can you even tell It's around me? I can't sense a thing."

I stomp my foot on the ground.

"I only got it moments ago on the 25th Floor. There were huge black Knights covered in it."

A toothy grin comes my way, this time with much more excitement.

"The guardians.... So it's a skill? You're not channeling it through your core?"

A sigh of relief follows as I nod. Ember continues.

"That makes much more sense. A Demonic Energy manipulation skill. Interesting. I thought we'd at least rank up before having to deal with power like this."

I tighten my gaze too.

"Well, we are and we don't have much time to spare either. Tell me what I need to know before facing the Arch Demon. Will I be able to use this ability against it? It seems like I'm going to need to use every dirty trick I can get my hands on."

Ember pulses red, activating his plunderer skill momentarily then responds.

"You should know, Demonic Energy is the opposite of mana. If one essence touches the other in a fully active state, the two energies with cancel each other out. Demonic Energy destroys Magic at the cost of its own mass. Magic attracts Demonic Energy. The two are always bound to meet, but chaos is unleashed when they collide. Both destroy each other entirely."