Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Kelly

I came storming out of the warehouse just to see a couple of Ace's men rushing inside with their guns aimed straight ahead.

"What's going on?" I asked Draco seeing him leaning up against the truck lighting a blunt.

"We go orders to grab Reckless and tie him up." He shrugged taking a pull

"He's still alive? Where did Ace go?" I rubbed my throat at the mention of his name

"All I know is he said he was going for a drive and he told me to make sure you get home." He took another hit of the blunt passing it to me.

I took a couple hits and tried to wrap my brain around what the fuck just happened.

"Did he say anything else?" I quizzed

"Nah." He shook his head taking the blunt I passed back to him.

After a few short minutes the guys came out with a battered and bruised reckless. His hands and feet were tied together. He turned his head to look at me and when our eyes met he gave me a sinister glare that sent chills running through my body.

"I'm ready to go." I looked over at Draco

"Go get in the whip imma make sure these niggas got him." He tossed me the keys to his Maserati MC20 before he turned back around to make sure Reckless was secured in the back of the van.

I climbed in snatching my phone outta my pocket. I dialed Ace's number but the calls kept going straight to voicemail.

"Fuck!" I yelled tossing my phone on the dash

"Aye that shit cost a lot of money!" Draco yelled climbing in the drivers seat

"My bad." I snatched my phone placing it back in my pocket

"You good?" He backed out of the warehouse and set out to take me home

"Yeah yeah I'm straight." I replied looking out the window.

The whole ride back to Lakeview Apartments was filled with our silence. I was having flashbacks of Ace almost choking me out in the warehouse but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why.

"We here you goin be good til Ace get back?" He pulled into the parking lot but never cut his car off

"Yeah and if not Jonica and P are right down stairs." I reminded him before climbing out.

I didn't even give him so much as a good bye before I raced up the steps of my building. I walked into my apartment and slammed the door behind me I wanted to change out of my clothes but I just couldn't let this shit go. My phone started ringing in my pocket I quickly snatched it out thinking it was Ace, my face fell from disappointment once I realized it was my burner cell that was ringing. I just let it ring. Jason has been calling me for the longest but I've been dodging his calls I knew it was only a matter of time before he shows up at my door.

"Think think." I repeated over and over trying to figure out what my next move would be.

I couldn't get that look that Reckless gave me out of my head. I went over the whole mission from front to back I did everything right I had his back everything was going smoothly until we got reckless and he wanted to talk to him alone. Hell I thought he was going to kill him.

I quickly changed my clothes into a simple white top and some blue jeans I stepped into my slides and grabbed my keys off the counter I needed to find Ace this not answering the phone shit is about to drive me nuts. I threw my phone in my back pocket after trying to call him again only for it to go to voicemail. I remembered the way to his Mansion I don't if he is there but it's worth a try. I grabbed my nine stuffing it in the waistband of my jeans remembering that Keisha most likely will be there I ain't got time for this bitch stepping outta line today.