Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ace

Shit started moving quickly in a matter of days we had to leave our old life behind or what was left of it. I glanced over at Kelly to see her peacefully sleeping. For my plan to work I gotta keep her in the dark I just hope she really down for my like she says she is. My phone vibrated to the left of me, I picked it up to see it was a message from P.

"We ready." I read the message and checked the time seeing it was 2am on the dot I quickly sent a text back.

"Omw."

I climbed outta bed throwing on my joggers and a plain white shirt.

"Mmm where you going?" Kelly stirred in her sleep before waking up and turning to watch me get dressed.

"I gotta take P and Jonica to the strip, I need them far away from this shit as possible." I shook my head grabbing my strap and sticking it in my waistband.

"You need me to come with you?"

"Nah shit already hot I need you to stay safe I'll be right back." I snatched my keys off the bedside table

"You coming back right?" She questioned

"Kelly, we in this together I'm not leaving you." I reassured her

"Ok gimme a kiss." She cheesed puckering her lips

I leaned in kissing her making sure she could feel my heart through that kiss.

"I'll be back." I assured her once last time before making my way to the door of the safe house.

Jonica

"You got everything?" P asked walking into my room for the millionth time

"Yes I'm just checking making sure I don't leave anything behind." I walked around my room

"You been doing that for the past hour what's really going on?" He sat down on my bed

"I don't know, I mean you ever wonder what would've happened if Kelly never came back into our lives?" I questioned

"What you mean?" He looked at me with confusion

"I mean it was me who saw her in the hallway that day, it was me who invited her to hang with us, it was me who had her around Ace."

"What? Look J none of us knew she was a fed ight? I think everything happened the way it was supposed to." He shrugged his shoulders

"So us leaving, moving away, being away from Ace is what's supposed to happen?" Now I looked at him like he grew 10 heads

"Yeah man look we a few hours away from living on an exotic island, some shit we only dreamed about J, and Ace he goin be with us just not right now."

Before I could respond his phone went off indicating he got text.

"Come on he outside." He stood up and walked back into the living room grabbing his bag.

I looked around my room one last time and sighed. Old memories flashed in my mind I quickly shook them away grabbing my duffle bag and heading out into the living room. P lead the way as he walked down the corridor and to the stairwell. With all the cops around earlier we figured it would be a lot safer to leave in the wee hours of the morning when everyone is sleeping.

Ace

I hopped out to help P and Jonica with their bags.

"Yo ya'll got everything? I asked once I met them at the trunk