"helping the neighbor?"

"yeah, yeah, I'll get it all sorted out, bye" I huffed, hanging up on the 30th call today.

I'm so frustrated work wise, I just want to spend my free day enjoying myself, not stressing the fuck outta me.

I plopped down on my sofa, getting comfortable, letting out a long sigh. Maybe I should just bake.

Baking is like therapy to me, one of my comfort things to do since I was a child. I used to bake all the time with my momma, before she passed away.

Getting up, I watered my plants first before entering my kitchen to start getting my ingredients ready.

After looking everywhere, I couldn't find sugar for my cake. Fuck, that's one of the main ingredients to succeed in making my sweet heaven.

I bit my lip, thinking how I don't wanna leave my house for anything and anyone today.

On the other hand, I could also ask one of my neighbors politely for it, and also introduce myself since i recently moved in here.

Quickly grabbing my apartments keys, I walked down the flats hallway, knocking on the first and closest door to mine.

a few seconds passed, before a girl with black hair and red roots opened the door, just the tiniest bit.

seeing I'm harmless, she opened the door more, smiling at me.

"hi, im y/n" I greeted her, giving my hand for her to shake, but in return, she gave me a quick side hug.

"what's up?" she asked checking me out.

"sorry for the disturbance, i ran out of sugar, and I happen to be making a cake.." I explained shortly to her.

she leaned on the door, nodding her head.

"don't apologise, lemme go grab the container" she disappeared, shortly coming back, holding the container in her hands.

giving it to me, I thanked her, ready to go.

"you sounded quite pissed off, earlier?" she told me.

"I'm so sorry, wasn't aware of my yelling, my apologies" I honestly apologised embarrassed.

"no worries" she laughed, showcasing her grills, distracting me, my gaze lingering on her mouth.

she licked her lips, my eyes quickly finding hers.

"I'm better off now, thank you again..?"

"name's Billie" she fixed her shorts, looking behind her, as if she's checking something.

"so, do you mind me helping you with that cake, I honestly got nothing better to do" she muttered, laughing.

she seems pretty chill, I ain't opposed to her offer.

"sure"

grabbing her belongings and putting them in her bag, we approached my apartment, getting inside.

"cute home, I like the decorations" she complimented, making me blush before thanking her.

setting the container on my counter along with the other ingredients, I washed my hands before getting a bowl.

"I got whipped cream from my house, if you'd like to use it?" she asked from behind me.

I told her i might top it off with some, before getting to work.

as I was mixing the ingredients in the blue bowl, I felt her hot breath on my ear as she leaned from behind me to watch what I was doing.

"smells good" she whispered.