21

I sit on my bed, my back leant against the headboard, my eyes are focused on the door

I sit on my bed, my back leant against the headboard, my eyes are focused on the door. My lip is drawn between my teeth as I tap my finger against my lap.

I've been sat looking at my bedroom door for approximately 40 minutes, trying to get the courage to get out of bed and go over to Carter's house. But, I can't find it in me to move.

God, I miss him, I miss him so much it hurts. I hated being away from him for 3 years, it's my fault. I'm the one who left and I'm the one who ignored him like I didn't even know him.

I drop my head in my hands and bite down hard on my lip, a metallic taste flooding my mouth. I hate that I let Koby ruin my life, I let him influence all my decisions and I didn't even realise.

I was so scared that he'd lash out if I didn't do what he wanted that I just went along with everything to make him happy even if it wiped the last shred of happiness I had.

Why do I have to be so naive, why do I let people walk all over me and treat me like absolute shit all the fucking time. I just want to, for once, be happy and not fear that someone is going to hurt me again.

I had to leave my hometown, my family, my friends behind all to keep Koby remotely happy. Even though he always managed to find something that pissed him off.

I lift my head my eyes landing on the pills on my bed, I shake my head and toss them into the bin. I will not turn to drugs just because something isn't going my way.

I don't want to go back to that dark place I was in when I was in New York. My phones buzzes beside me and an unknown caller lights up my screen, picking my phone up and placing it to my ear, "Hello?" I squeak.

"Hello, am I speaking to. Autumn-rose Manner?" The woman's voice chimes through the speaker. My leg bounces, who the hell wants to know.

"Yes, what can I help you with." I ask. My mind racing with different thoughts on who this could be. Every time I pick up the phone I think it's going to be Koby.

"Hello, it's Martha I spoke with you when you were still in New York hospital." She says, I urge for her to go on, the anticipation killing me. "I have some unfortunate news." She says.

The next words that I hear makes my body tighten, my eyes glass over as I chew on my nails. "We're sorry to inform you that, we have found no trace of someone called Koby Cooper." Those words are my last straw.

Everything around me fades away and I'm trapped in a dark room, a dark room being my own person hell. My heart thumps in my ears, the woman's voice fading away when I drop my phone on the bed.

My breathing is shallow and rapid. Those words are the words that make my life set on fire, I know he's out there. I know he'll be searching for me, he never gives up.

Once he finds me he'll kill me, he'll make sure I pay for everything. My eyes dart to the trash can, my lips set in a firm line. I jump from my bed and drop to the floor searching through the trash can.

I pull out the pills, grabbing the mug on my nightstand I grind the pills into fine powder. I rush to my purse on my vanity and scramble to find a dollar bill, once I succeed I fall back to where the powder is crushed against my floorboards.

Taking the ruler I find on the floor I form 4 lines on the floor and roll the roller bill bringing it to my nose, I inhale all four lines. Licking my finger I swipe the leftover powder off the wooden floor and rub it into my gums.

Hopefully this will help. I knock my head back closing my eyes waiting for it to take effect so my mind can stop racing with thoughts of Koby.

I slam my car door closed once I'm on Rosie's driveway, my slipper clad feet pattering on the concrete as I plod to her front door

I slam my car door closed once I'm on Rosie's driveway, my slipper clad feet pattering on the concrete as I plod to her front door. I've been ringing her for the last hour and she hasn't been responding and once I find her I will throw my phone at her head.

I knock on the door, my foot tapping against the concrete ground. I wait 5 minutes before knocking again when there's no reply. I mumble profanities under my breath and snatch the keys out of my bag.

I unlock her door with my spare house key that she had made for me and unlock the door barging into the eerie house. I sweep downstairs and find no trace of her or Nat, Nat did tell me she was going for her first shift at her new job today.

My body wraps up in high alert as I search for my best friend. Anything could have happened to her and I'm getting angry at her for not answering her phone, especially with her crazy ex around.

"Rosie!" I shout, my voice echoing off the walls. I run up the stairs searching each room, pushing at Rosie's door it doesn't budge. It's fucking locked.

"Rosie?" I shout once more, my fists banging against the door. No reply. My heartbeat speeds up and my breath lodges in my throat, fear flooding my veins.

I quickly grab my phone and dial Atlas's number calling him immediately, he answers straight away. In a panic I tell him what is happening and how I can't get into Rosie's room.

Seconds later footsteps come crashing into the house and up the stairs. Atlas and Carter appearing behind me, "where is she?" Atlas asks, his voice laced with worry.

"I think she's in there, but the doors locked." My voice is laced with fear and worry. Panic swirls in Carter's eyes as the boys charge at the door trying to knock it down.

The door flies off the hinges and goes barrelling to the ground with a loud thud. We all run into the room and gasp when we find Rosie passed out on the floor, i rush over dropping to my knees beside her body.

Atlas grabs her head bringing her into his arms "Rosie! Rosie wake up!" He screams, his breathing unsteady and tears falling from his eyes as he holds his sisters unconscious body in his arms. Foam pours out of her mouth, her skin pale as snow in the winter.

"Guys." Carter speaks up, his voice filled with panic. Mine and Atlas's eyes snap to him a packet of pills in his hands, a rolled up dollar bill and a mug with powder coating the bottom of it rests on the floor.

I press my hand to my mouth, sniffling as tears invade my eyes. "Fuck!" Atlas roars. He shakes his sisters shoulder attempting to wake her but no avail. "Guys help me! Carter pour a ice cold bath now!" He growls.

I jump to my feet and quickly help Atlas take Rosie into the bathroom, Carter pours ice cold water in the bath until it's full. Atlas holds Rosie's limp body over the bath tub and slowly settles her body in the icy water.

We wait, all staring down at her waiting for some sort of reaction from her, minutes go by and nothing. "No! This can't be happening." Carter shouts slamming his fist into the bathroom mirror.

Rosie's head moves and I dart over to the bath tub dropping to my knees next to her, her eyes snap open "Fuck." She stammers, her lips shaking from the cold.

Carter and Atlas rush over and help her out of the bath tub, Carter grabs a towel and wraps it around her rubbing her arms to try and warm her up. My breathing slows down when I know Rosie's okay.

Her bloodshot eyes flicker up to Carter and she sends him a sheepish smile, he rolls his eyes and pulls her into him warming her up with his body heat. I don't understand why she would do this.