32

─── ♔♔♔ ───

─── ♔♔♔ ───

9th June

─── ♔♔♔ ───

The car is arriving in five minutes to pick us up, which means I have silence for a few minutes. Patrick, Annie and Dad are in the lounge area with Gemma while I'm in the second bedroom, staring into the mirror with the news on in the background. 

The people are getting more and more hyped. Since last night, they've been dancing and singing in the streets of London. More people have come down, and the entire country is basically at a standstill for this wedding.

All I can think of is getting to the top of that aisle and seeing Kai. We haven't messaged since around midnight, when he messaged to say Happy wedding day, Peach. I responded and then we said goodnight. From what I've seen on the news, which hasn't been much, there have been celebrities arriving at the abbey, members of government and other royal members from other countries. 

The abbey is decked out with actual trees from Windsor Castle's grounds – I heard they were doing it, but didn't think they would actually manage it. There are flowers around the place, and everywhere you look there are colourful hats and posh-looking people.

I stare into the mirror, checking everything for the last time. The dress is drop-dead gorgeous, one-of-a-kind and handmade by a famous designer. They didn't have much time, but they employed so many people to stop everything and focus solely on the dress, and they pulled it off.

It's an A-Line gown that doesn't accentuate my bump too much, but does show it off just right. My bodice is a sweetheart neckline with beads and pearls on it. The back of the bodice has small, delicate buttons on it and has a small V-neck design as well, so the upper covering bodice can fit seamlessly. 

The upper bodice is a tuille cover over my chest and long sleeves with hand-embroidered flowers on it – the rose, thistle, daffodils and a shamrock to represent each country of the United Kingdom. They're super subtle and they look perfect. The skirt is made of tuille as well and has pearls and diamantes on so when I walk, it glitters just enough in the light. My shoes were hand-designed and made as well; high pumps with the same flower design threaded in for the UK, but also with small diamantes on. They're covered by the dress, but I'm sure the media will want photos of them.

The jewellery I chose is my charm bracelet from my family, along with a smile diamond bracelet on my left hand. Both are hidden by the sleeves of the dress, but I know they're there. I put my engagement ring on my right hand until after the ceremony, and my mum's wedding ring is on my right middle finger. My earrings are little drop pears and diamonds borrowed from the Queen – she wore them on her wedding day, as did Lucy, so it's a tradition.

My tiara is borrowed from Charlotte and has a history in the royal family, dating back to Hugh's mother, who was gifted it by her husband, the King by blood. She was a normal, non-royal woman as well, and they call it a starter tiara, as it's subtle, has fewer diamonds than other ones in the royal collection, and was bought as a first one. As soon as Charlotte told me the history, I decided this was the one for my wedding day.