Reveal

M

Wait, "You're telling me I'm the daughter that was stolen from you?"

Mal and Ben are silently crying, but they nod together.

"So you guys getting close to us was just to find out if I was your daughter?"

"No" they quickly responded, "we felt a connection to you. It took a little while to time to find information about you, but we found this,"

They showed me a picture of this book, and there is a picture of me with my purple hair. Under it says that I'm their daughter.

I don't know what to think right now. Mother Gothel is not my mother? I'm their daughter. Wait- does that mean I have to be Queen? I have siblings, too.

I can feel myself self consciously reaching for my necklace to fidget. Is that why I've been having dreams about her.

I was stolen, so that's why I was on the Isle. The Isle, everything Mother- I mean Gothel did to me.

"M-?" Mal asks, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh uh sorry-"

"It's okay, I know we sprung this on you. It wasn't supposed to be like this." Ben explains.

"We were going to wait and tell you differently" Mal adds.

"So..uh what does this mean-like Where do we go from here?" I ask timidly.

"Well first we're going to get checked out, and then we'll go from there. We'll explain everything in more detail another day. But only if you want" Ben smiles.

"Uh sure- um, can I tell DiDi first,"

"Yes of course."

I shakily walk out with Dewy on my shoulder, my mind hurting and my body hurting.

"Hey how'd it go" DiDi questions.

"Don't tell anyone this yet, but uh- apparently I'm their lost daughter"

"You're Princess Malina. That makes sense since your name is Malina. Wait- you're going to be in line for the throne! Eeeeee!"

"Whoa, relax, we haven't even bonded yet. They're already parenting me, telling me that I'm getting checked out"

"At least you listen to someone" she grins.

"Okay, okay, see you later"

With that, Ben and Mal came into view,

"Are you ready?"

I nod.

So we walk down to the nurses office so she can check me out. She gave me cream to put on both my side and the bruise.

"Thank you" I mumble.

"You're welcome."

I turn to I guess my parents and say, " See you two at the Ball"

With that, I walk back to class and finish the rest of the day.

"M!" DiDi yells, "are you ready?"

"Yeah," I grin.

DiDi and Aaron are matching , wearing red and black. Sawyer is wearing purple so he can match my dress.

With everything ready, we climb in the limo and make our way to the Palace

We open the door to get out, and all these people are around us, taking pictures and screaming.

"M do you want to make a comment about the incident"

"Heidi, were you scared?"

"Do either of you have a comment?"

"Who made your gowns?"

We pushed past with the security and into the ballroom. It is beautifully lit up, and all the decorations match perfectly.

Most of the guests had already arrived so by the time we get there Ben is starting to make a speech.

"Thank you all so much for joining us this evening. It is a very special occasion as my dad and mom have been married for a long time. Looking back, not only are they great parents and grandparents. I learned everything from them, and I am inspired by them every day. We celebrate them and their achievements today and every day. I love you both, and I hope you all have a great evening. Let's make a toast to the King and Queen"

"Here here" everyone cheers, raising their glass.

"Now without further a do, we have a surprise."

He steps down, and we walk up to the stage. Mal and Ben are in their outfits with the rest of the groups following behind. Everyone is wearing a yellow dress and blue tux specially made by Evie.

When the music starts, Mal and the groups start walking down the stairs and get in their formations. Once we start singing, they dance to the choreography.

M
Tale as old as time
True, as it can be

DiDi
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly

Aaron
Just a little change
Small, to say the least

Sawyer
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared

All
Beauty and the beast

After that is sung the groups make a space and Belle and Adam waltz in to join. It went so smoothly

Girls
Ever just the same
Ever a surprise

Boys
Ever as before
Ever just as sure

All
As the sun will rise

M
Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song

DiDi
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change

All
Learning you were wrong

Aaron
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east

Sawyer
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme

All
Beauty and the beast

M
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme

All
Beauty and the Beast

It ends, and the guests start clapping. Belle and Adam stride up to the mic,

"Thank you all for that. It was purely magic. I am grateful for all of you. This night is one of the best nights of my life. When we first met, I never thought about what it would lead to, but this is the best outcome I could have imagined. So thank you all for being here. Thank you for the people who made this night magical."

In the midst of the silence, there is suddenly a slow clap that makes us all turn around.

"Malina...it's time to come home"