Much Needed Advice

⚠️ warning: implied abuse

Arianna

Rapunzel told me that she had a little meeting with M so Fred and I figured why not stop by to see how the parents are.

“Mal, Ben, so good to see you both”

Mal immediately gets up to greet us.

“Hi,”

Belle and Adam come over and greet us too. Then Mason, Blake and Bea come over to say hi.

“Hi guys, aww you guys are so big”

“Hi Miss Arianna”

“Hi Mr. Fred” Bea giggled.

“You guys are just too sweet” I smile, “So how is school?”

“Good,” Mason smiles, “I am getting ready for midterms”

“You’ll do great,” Fred assures him.

“I’m  MVP”

“Oh yeah I forgot to tell your parents to tell you congratulations” Fred says.

“Now what about you Miss. Bea?” I ask.

“I-pwaint” she says toddling over to show me her artwork.

“Oh wow, this is amazing. You definitely got some talent” I coo. The kids leave the room and Ben speaks up,

“So what brings you guys by, not that we don’t like the visit.”

“We just wanted to check in after everything. Rapunzel told us that she is talking with M once a week”

“Yeah, well she had a little accident but she was fine though we saw her x-rays and it-”

“She had 9 broken bones. They healed, and the doctor said it wasn’t very recent though. We tried to talk to her about it, but she got all defensive.”

“I totally understand because as a parent, and just as a person you don’t want someone you love to suffer. Rapunzel did not want to talk about it or like to talk about it. And us forcing her didn’t help at all. But it is important to healthily approach it . I’ll ask Rapunzel to ask her about it.”

Fred adds in, “And let her come to you. We can totally understand that it’s scary not knowing how she’s truly feeling but if you trust her to come on her own terms, she might feel more comfortable opening up.”

Mal frowns, “I just-I hate knowing she had to suffer.”

“And we couldn’t protect her,” Ben sighs.

Fred and I walk over to both of them and place a hand on their knee.

“Hey…just because you couldn’t have protected her does not mean you failed. Her suffering was not either of your fault. And our daughter, you both, us, and all her friends and family will help her through this” I smile slightly.

As I finish we hear the door open up and in steps a purple head girl. That must be M.

She hesitantly looks over,“Oh hi, you must be M. I am Arianna and this is my husband Fred”

“Hi, it's so nice to meet you,”

“You too.”

“M honey, you know Rapunzel, well they are her parents”

“Oh, uh so what’s up”

“Just stopping by to talk to your parents” Fred answers.

I can tell she is forcing herself to smile. Its a genuine smile but it doesn’t quite meet her eyes.

“But since we’re here why don’t you tell us a little about yourself”

“Well I’m 15, and I like to paint” she says quickly.

“You also have your mother’s powers just like Blake.” Ben smiles proudly.

“What about school M?” Mal said, trying to get her to open up.

“Art and Literature are my favorite.”

“Really,” Fred smiles, “Now do you like sports?”

“Eh” she starts, “I watch Tourney if Sawyer or Aaron have a game, and I get updated on stuff by them, but that’s about it”

“You know what we should do?” Ben starts excited, “We should get everyone together for a picnic by the Enchanted Lake tomorrow”

“Are you up for it M?” Mal asks.

“Uh ” she grins.

_______________________________________

M

“So we’re actually going to the Enchanted lake?” Aaron gasps sitting on my bed.

Dewy is helping DiDi pack since you know she brings her whole room practically.

“I know, I thought you would chicken out,” Sawyer comments.

“You know what that was years ago”

“I haven’t seen you get in the water since. You take showers not baths and you don’t like the rain.”

“1. Many take showers, not baths, and 2. Every other prissy Princess doesn’t like the rain, unlike them I’m fine with my hair getting wet. That doesn’t mean anything.” I glare back.

He raises his hands in surrender and I sigh,