Chapter 5

Chapter 5 — by BrianMullin0

Tsugua Ku'Rewn sat across from the Dogungi Prime Minister, Ser Rotundus Magnus, and wondered at the sheer recklessness that the politician was expecting the crew of the Black Widow to engage in – all to satisfy his insatiable desire to own the com...

Tsugua Ku'Rewn sat across from the Dogungi Prime Minister, Ser Rotundus Magnus, and wondered at the sheer recklessness that the politician was expecting the crew of the Black Widow to engage in – all to satisfy his insatiable desire to own the complete set of special edition posters of singing sensation Aleeban's Around the Known Universes in 80,000 Years tour. Forget the fact that the female was a wanted Shozien, pursued by their monarchy's seven secret service organizations. Or that her tour schedule was never announced, meaning that you bought a ticket never knowing where or when she might actually perform.

The Shozien issued a warning that any planet or nation that knowingly assisted in the sale and marketing of Aleeban's blasphemous career would be severely dealt with. Throw in their reputation for efficiency – not to mention hive mind telepathy – and Ser Magnus' request was very dangerous indeed. Almost suicidal. And, should they succeed, the most lucrative deal in the Black Widow's history.

The Dogungi rolled in his aquatic chamber, his sleepy eyes looking surprisingly alert while trying to find a way to entice the Latrodectus to accept his offer. They were a massive but adorable aquatic race, with only microscopic organisms as their predators. Luckily for them, their planet had provided them a cure in the form of a certain species of algae.

"Well," the Prime Minister burbled. "I have only been able to obtain the very first poster. Get me the newest, and I'll pay you the seven million ooblets. But, should you also acquire the missing three, I'll pay you twenty-eight million ooblets."

Ijnnis, the Widow's procurer of extra rare items, said quickly, "Make it a nice, even thirty million ooblets, and you have a deal!" She always pushed for more profit if she felt the buyer would go for it. There was a pause. The minister's eye socket expanded to its full extension. "Agreed," Ser Magnus said.

 "Agreed," Ser Magnus said