Chapter 7

Chapter 7 — by M_A_Hartman

Talált Station was a mess, Hana thought as she and Phili passed through customs

Talált Station was a mess, Hana thought as she and Phili passed through customs. Or, maybe that was because they were forced to go through the tourist section. She'd seen how much cleaner the VIP section was on a vid-screen as they approached customs.

Still, did this section have to be such a dingy, dirty mess for an area that saw such traffic? The creatures and humanoids she saw walking or slithering around were the definition of "rogue"—from their worn clothes in shades of beige or brown, to the weapons' holsters that they openly carried. Thankfully, none of these beings appeared to pay her and Phili any mind as they stepped up to an information kiosk.

A hologram slowly rotated in front of them, displaying the many layers of the station. Hana crossed her arms and tapped her chin as she studied the layout. Most of the board was written in Standard, but there were a few areas tagged in an unfamiliar script. Next to her, Phili let loose a little squeak as a massive alien passed too close to him, its thick brown-green tail swaying as it walked.

"Looking for something specific?" a low, feminine voice with a touch of a purr asked.

Hana flinched and looked up. A female Vraizat, a tall, tawny-colored felinoid, stood next to the information kiosk, a knowing smirk on her muzzle. The Vraizat wore a dark green jumpsuit stained with grease and soot, a heavy silver utility belt hung low on her hips. While her hands were clawed and furred, her feet were covered by heavy boots that at one point in their life may have been bright white, but were now aged and stained. A short, but expressive tufted tail swung behind her.

"Not fluent in Standard, eh?" the Vraizat continued before switching to another language.

Shaking off her surprise, Hana said, "No, I speak Standard."

The Vraizat grinned, showing off an impressive array of sharp fangs. "Good, because my Malosh is terrible." She turned and studied the kiosk. "So, what are we looking for?"