Chapter 19

Chapter 19 — by EvelynHail

Following the Gray with xeir eyes, Sanju heavily pondered the meaning of a film studio, xeir mind racing with infinite possibilities

"What is a film studio doing here?" xe asked.

The slender-framed person tilted his triangular head. "Earth. History."

"Are you saying that..." Sanju measured xeir next words carefully... "somewhere in this outpost, there is information about the history of the planet Earth?" Xeir skin pigmentation shifted from purple to orange in annoyance.

"Earth. History." The Gray being repeated slowly and patiently, accentuating every syllable, as if xe, Sanju, was the slow, poorly-articulate plork.

"It's fascinating." Hana could not hide the wonder and admiration in her voice as she placed her hands on her belly. "Can you imagine, Sanju? Such a creative haven. A film studio. A place where stories come to life through the magic of moving images. The art of storytelling: capturing the essence of Human experience through the eons. If their film crew filmed on Earth, then... Everything they captured could be interpreted as..."

"A testimony to everything that happened to the Humans, or even to Earth before Humans existed," Sanju pondered. "This must mean a lot to you, Hana."

"It does," she said in an almost sing-song voice. Awed by the power of this discovery, gone were Hana's pregnancy-induced mood swings and rollercoasters.

"Throughout our entire journey, I juggled... so much." She did not lie; she was grappling with her ever-changing emotions, hoping for some stability amidst the chaos. "And now it has all come to this. I am to learn the history of my ancestral planet. Not only that but also... its location."

Sanju fully understood. Earth was considered mythical and a lost planet as far as xe was concerned.

With baby Phili due soon, xe was beginning to fear that Hana's home planet would remain only that: a myth, a legend. That they would never set foot on it for real no matter how much she wished for its discovery.