Chapter 3 Ming.

Pang's father, Ton, drove us both to Bangkok later that afternoon. Dropping me off first at the boys' dormitory before taking Pang across to the girls' dormitory on the other side of the Campus. I was still sharing a room with Golf and the twins this term, but when I turn 18, next month, then I will move into an apartment of my own.

I had been told that my father had planned to give me an apartment in one of the complexes that he owned, but with the events three weeks ago my mother had told me that I could choose, as my birthday present, any apartment I wanted, from any complex that the family, or should I say, that I will then co-own. All his property portfolio and business companies had been bequeathed to me as the only surviving son. My mother and the family lawyer would have some control until I was 20, but after that I had total control.

My mother, sister, and I, as well as Sun's family, had also been well provided for, and I was returning to college as one of the wealthiest boys there. I usually went home each weekend, but I told my mother that I would only return home when she was not working. She generally had one weekend each month off unless there was an emergency. I didn't say that the real reason was I just couldn't bear the thought of being in the house on my own, with all the memories, after all that had happened. I think she understood and she made no fuss about it.

I was glad when I entered the room that my roommates had not yet arrived and I was able to unpack my things quickly without being distracted.

I decided to walk out of the Campus to get some food at the street stall across the road. As I walked out of the Campus gates I was composing a text to Pang, telling her where I was going, when a boy on a bike crashed right into me, sending us both crashing to the ground.

"Hey! What the hell are you playing at!" I called out as I struggled to get to my feet.

A hand reached out and grabbed mine. "It would help if you watched where you were going instead of having your eyes glued to your phone, wouldn't it?" Came a reply.

I looked up towards the sound of the voice and the owner of the hand, and locked eyes with a boy of a similar age to me. We stayed motionless for what seemed like an eternity before he slowly pulled me to my feet, our eyes maintaining contact the whole time.

I blushed. I knew I did because I always did, and I could feel my cheeks heating up and reddening. I broke eye contact and looked down at the floor as I uttered my sincerest apologies.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" He kindly inquired.

"Just my pride and dignity it would seem," I answered quietly.

"Looks like you have escaped with just a graze to your elbow and a cut on your knee," the boy told me as he handed me a tissue. "Let me take you to get cleaned up as it's bleeding."

The boy picked up his bike and motioned for me to sit on the back. "Hang on to me," he commanded, "We don't have far to go, but I don't want you doing yourself any more damage."

I did as I was told and placed my hands on his hips as he cycled inside the Campus towards the boys' dormitory block next to mine that was for the Engineering students.

As he locked his bike up, I leant against the wall of the building. He then pulled my arm so it rested over his shoulder, to allow my weight to be off my cut knee, and he placed his arm around my waist. We climbed four flights of stairs to his second floor room.

"My name's Ming," he informed me as he opened the door bearing the number 209. "What's yours?"

 "What's yours?"