Chapter 45. Outed.

We arrived on the outskirts of Samut Sakhon just after 2pm, more or less right on schedule. I telephoned ahead advising we were 10 minutes away. Sure enough as Ming sounded the horn three times, Ton was there to press the button to open the electric gates. Star's Range Rover Elite was parked up alongside my mother's Jaguar.

I heard Korn's low whistle of approval.

Poom ran down the steps to welcome us. She always did that and I knew it was her just being nosy. She looked surprised that I wasn't sitting in the front seat and I could tell she was itching to know who the new person was.

"Hi Poom. Is Pang here too?" I enquired as I walked past her and up the steps, with the others following.

"No, Naai Earth. She's stayed over with Sky this weekend. Did you not know? Khun Chirawan in the lounge waiting for you."

I introduced Pond to my mother first and I could tell straight away that he had charmed her by his polite and warm greeting. I then introduced Ming and then the twins.

Ming was fine, but the twins looked panic stricken at meeting her.

"Where's Star?" I asked, as Poom brought in cold water to drink.

"Feeding Sea upstairs," my mother replied. "She will change him and bring him down soon."

There was the sound of running feet and a voice calling out "Uncle Earth!" A small bundle of mischief crashed right into me hugging my waist asking "Have you brought me snacks?"

I handed my niece, Air, the paper bag I had carried in with me and she ran out of the room, squealing with joy.

Pond continued to charm my mother until Star then made her entrance, carrying Sea in her arms.

After kissing me she gave him to me to hold. He looked, and felt, delicate. His big brown eyes were bright and beautiful. I kissed him on the forehead and told him who I was. He gurgled and smiled at me.

"He's gorgeous, Star. Absolutely beautiful. Is it okay to introduce him to my friends?"

Star smiled and just nodded.

I proudly introduced him to the others in turn and handed him back.

"So little brother, which of these four handsome boys is your boyfriend," she asked without batting an eyelid.

I know I went red because I could feel it and just stood there without doing anything for what seemed like an eternity.

"What makes you ask a question like that? Can't I have male friends without you saying I'm gay?"

"You've never had friends over before, only Pang. Going away with them without her surely gives it away?"

"Enough Namtan!" My mother called out, using her given name. "This is not the sort of thing to ask when we have guests."

"But you're the one who wanted to know for sure?" Star replied, accusingly.

I looked at my mother. I was horrified that my sexuality had been discussed behind my back.

I looked at Ming and then Pond. I don't know what I expected them to do. This was my problem, and I had been placed in a position that I didn't want to be in, and I was unsure of what to do about it.

Pang. It had to be from Pang.

She must have told Poom last weekend and Poom told my mother. If I denied it then Poom would be in trouble. If my father had been alive and she had said things that were false against me then she would have been dismissed instantly.

I wasn't ready to come out. I was not prepared and I certainly wanted to do it on my own terms.

There was nothing I could do but to confirm.