Ch7 Student Instructors, P6

Student Instructors (6)
~7.6~
*****

"This has got to be the most awkward situation I've ever witnessed..." Liliana and her sister were watching from the next table. Kye, Alethea, Doran, and Michelle were sitting together eating pizza, but only three of the four had taken a slice. Alethea was staring daggers at Doran. "Those three are completely oblivious of the stares. How is the Princess not reacting to it?"

"Lily, this is a dangerous situation. There is no peaceful outcome. Just look at the look on Alethea's face. She's..."

The two faced each other. "A monster!"

"That spell is just one of many you've created, right?" Doran asked.

"Yeah, I've invented a few. I uh... stumbled upon one a week ago before the attack purely by accident. I washed something with magic and Allison happened to be there. She made me name it and said she'd record it in the Archive. Its name is Waschen."

"You created a utility spell, too? Nice."

"And now, after the battle... there's a whole slew of spells under my name." She glanced over at the pink-haired girl.

"Hey, you're the one that went overboard."

"I showcased several spells and a skill. Detonation, True Binding, Bands of Light, Absorption Chain, Singularity Core, Motion Canceler, Temporal Barrier, and the big one: Heaven's Fall. And the skill, Aether Drive."

"You really went overboard," Doran said.

Alethea snickered.

"What's up?" Doran asked.

"You say that as if you're familiar with those spells." Alethea was still glaring daggers at Doran.

"Huh?" Doran and Michelle exchanged glances. Doran was confused, and Michelle only smirked. "Yeah?" He looked at Kye.

"Maya, love, I told you who they are, and they both know who we are."

Alethea stopped right away and went, "Oh."

Kye pulled the pendant out from her top that had Maya's name on it. She flipped the pendant around and it showed two more names, belonging to Adele and Adara.

"You're still wearing that?" Michelle said. She waved a hand and removed the concealment on herself and Doran. "I guess we don't need the concealment. It hardly matters with you anyway, Eli."

"Heh."

The look in Alethea's eyes quickly changed back to Doran. She was looking into Doran's eyes intently. It wasn't surprise, shock, happiness, or joy. It wasn't anger, sadness, pity, or remorse. It was empathy.

"Y-yes?" Doran said.

Alethea jumped up, ran around the table, and hugged Doran. "Oh, love, I'm so sorry!"

"Wow..." Michelle mumbled. "What's got her so-?"

"Michelle." Kye shook her head and glanced at Liliana, who knew exactly what Kye wanted.

Michelle raised an eyebrow, but soon heard Liliana's voice. "Michelle, will you accept telepathic communication with Princess?"

Michelle turned to Liliana and mentally replied, "Always."

A moment later, Liliana expanded the spell. "You're connected."

"What's up, Kye?"

"Alethea was born male."

"Oh my god, her too? What the hell?" Michelle turned and eyed Alethea. "I would have never guessed. She's been on meds for a long time, hasn't she?"