12

Cato POV

Kaylaya seemed alot more relaxed we made it though the course. She had a contempt face on the way back up making small talk with Priya.

I had other things in my mind other then get in their girl conversation. Zane rode back up with us, along with Boggs.

My mind went back to him being an official, the bastard knows everything. Coin also likes him, so his opinion matters. Did he have a say in the surgery? I cracked my knuckles glancing at him, I'd so ask right now I wouldn't give a shit, but Kay would am I'm not upsetting her.

What if he did? I'd kill him, actually kill him if he prevented us from being happy.

His eyes met mine a couple times as we ascended.. I was about ready to lose it. Kaylaya took a step back leaning into me. " Right Cato?" She says.

My mind snaps to her, " Right."

Priya laughs, " You are so whipped."

" What?"

She rolls her eyes, " You weren't listening?"

" Priya, when you talk I have an tenancy to shut my hearing off."

She rolls her eyes, " We were just saying how guys should listen to us more, Kay said you listen to her... Obviously not."

I smirk wrapping my arm around her torso, " Listening means happy life."

Kay sends me a look but says nothing else.

The elevator hits the main floors, the door opening. " Cato, a word." Zane says quickly. " Alone."

I sigh, what is he going to bitch about now? I look at Kay, " I'll see you back in our room."

" I'm taking Maisy for the night, if you guys want to come see her. " Priya says.

" I'll go with Priya, meet us in her room?" Kay asks.

I manage a smile, " Yea."

I mention Zane to walk, we match eachothers steps not talking until we turned the corner going down the hall a ways.

" I saw you looking at me boy. What?" He says quickly.

I chuckle, " We'll need a room for that."

He glances at me, making a sharp turn going into the Command hall, he finds a locked room taking his key out. We go inside, he locks the door again. " What?" He forces.

I sigh leaning on the table, " I'm only going to ask once, I expect your honest answer." I push.