32

Kaylaya POV

Early in the morning Cato shakes me lightly making me jump, " Hey..sorry..sorry.." He whispers giving me a small smile. I rise looking around at everyone slowly moving awake, getting their things and..gathering..around Octavia and the HOLO.

" What are they doing?" I ask looking at her.

" Trying to figure out our next move." Cato says glancing at the group.

I quickly run through my knotted hair braiding it tightly, them wrapping the ends in a tight bun. All the while Cato watches with a slight smile, " What?" I question. He shrugs, " Nothing.. just admiring."

Those few words make my blush as I shake my head slightly looking away gathering my things. I go closer to where they were discussing, seeing the lights of all the pods...more, wat more then usual as we get closer.

" There's no way we could even get through that." I state crossing my arms.

" Right." Finnick says glancing at me. " We're ruling out going on the streets. Now that we're ' dead' we have a little more leniency... Even without the pods they'd still have cameras up, they'd catch us and we'll be in a damn man hunt again."

" How about the roof tops?" River throws out.

Jackson helps Octavia type in some sort of code projecting different angles of the buildings where the roofs are now noticeable. " They loaded everything..." She grumbles.

" That's out.." River mumbles.

" We can't move forward.. can't go up top... But what about underground.. The Capitol has tunnels right?" Gale says aloud.

" Type AB8876." Jackson instructs Octavia, which she does, showing a new model of all the winding turns and tunnels all under the city. Pollux signs to Cressida and she nods, " He used to work underground for 6 months where there was a sewage leak. He knows the fastest way and avoid any surveillance."

" If they see us, how easy would it be to flood us out?" Cato counters, " We'd be trapped. Trapped either way whether it's water or mutts."

" We don't have any other option." Zane says eyeing his son. " It's way less armed then being out in the open."

Which was true, there was maybe only a fourth of the pods above ground but.. there's still pods, only the ones we know about.

I hated being underground, not having the fresh air, not feeling the sun... We're stuck.

" It's our only option.." Vad starts.

Zane nods, " It's the safest option."

Everyone nods, signalling to start moving out. " And what about me?" Cal asks still tied as he sits on the couch. " I don't want to hurt anyone else or slow you down."