12. You have to remember me.

๑ 🥀 ๑

๑ 🥀 ๑

Zayn leaves from the dining room to answer the door, prompting Yusra to secure her hair with a firm scarf, quickly.

They both enter together, ahe looks ar Shazal who appears in casual attire, a peach colored T-shirt paired with black trousers. His hair are disheveled as if he had just blow-dried them and opted to forgo combing, and settled with running his fingers through them.

Their eyes briefly meet, but she quickly averts her gaze to her plate.

"You are right on time for dinner! Join us!" Faiza gestures to an empty chair for him.

Without protest, Shazal silently takes his seat, unfortunately ending up directly across from Yusra. She takes precautions to avoid eye contact, but it turns out unnecessary as he keeps his head lowered throughout.

"I have an exam tomorrow too," Zayn shares continuing the conversation aiming to lighten the atmosphere. "Shayan, Hayat, and I - all three of us."

Zaki inquires,"At what time you'll be home?"

"By noon," Zayn responds.

"Perfect, as we plan to leave around four."

Shazal is already privy to the discussed plans, having overheard the conversation back at his house when he left through the front door. However, he chooses not to engage in this particular discussion.

Despite the subtle tension lingering in the air, Zayn's effort to shift the conversation toward exams and schedules brings a momentary ease to the dinner table.

Shazal, still keeping his head low, occasionally glances at Yusra. Her focus remains on the food though, she makes her plate as a shield against the unspoken tension between them.

As the family engages in various discussions, Yusra excuses herself from the table, and carries a few used plates along with her into the kitchen.

Shazal's eyes follow her retreating figure, and once she's out of sight, he finally lifts his head.

Zayn attempts to keep the conversation flowing, sharing anecdotes about his exam preparation and he responds with polite nods with his mind still preoccupied.

After finishing his portion, he rises from the table, excusing himself from the family's urging to eat more. Spotting Yusra busy in washing the recently used dishes, he quietly approaches and keeps his plate on the kitchen counter beside hers.

"Yusra," he begins tentatively, but she swiftly moves, busying herself with the task at hand, avoiding eye contact. "Listen to me."

"Don't talk to me," she asserts firmly in a hushed tone, continuing her rapid work.

"Are you not willing to even listen to me now?" he queries, receiving no response.

Footsteps approaching from behind prompt him to leave the kitchen tossing his head a little. Meanwhile, Yusra carries on with her chores, pretending as if everything is normal.