16. But you don't even have long hair

๑ 🥀 ๑

๑ 🥀 ๑

The vast area of land covered with snow and dry branches with the air all foggy was not appealing to the eye Hayat, as she stood there with a scrunched face while the others approached and parked their respective bicycles.

"You brought us to show this? I was better off at home" she murmurs but not quiet enough for the group to not hear.

"It's lovelier in spring," Daniyal says, "almost gives a feeling that you're standing in heaven"

"I'm sure it does" Shazal replies out of courtesy.

"Let's walk a bit, up the cliff" Fatima suggests and they comply.

Zayn rubs his gloved hands together shivering beneath his thick clothing earning a snicker from Hayat, "You look so funny... acting like a damsel" she comments looking at his exceptionally long checkered pattern neck wrap woollen muffler.

"Well sue me for being a human and feeling cold" he acts offended as they all pass through, carrying various topics of discussion they finally reach on top of the cliff from where they scatter to admire how wrong they were to think of the trip to go ballant.

Hayat was the first to run towards the far end of the land seeing that the Sun's been peeking out subtly like a play of hide and seek attempting to melt the cold out of the atmosphere but failing to do so.

"It's so beautiful," she says urging with her hand for everyone to come and have a look.

"Woah!" Shayan exclaims, "Look at the water, I have never seen the colour blue so clear, ever"

"Don't go too close to the end, we don't know when the ground has ended and snow has piled up, it's dangerous" Fatima instructs and all of them walk back at a good distance except for Hayat who bends further down to have the view of the lake beneath.

"Bhai" she calls Shazal who wasn't very far from her. "You remember the lake from Surah Sabah? The one which had water flowing beneath a thin glass, and walking on it would feel like we are walking on the surface of the water"

"I do" he replies and comes forward to look at where her fascinated eyes are.

"I have always imagined its magnificence but now I think I know how beautiful it was."

"Now that you say it I think I do too" he replies. The Sun's rays reflect on the ice making it shine and appear like a portal to another realm.

His eyes wander aimlessly until it stands on something unusual, he zeros his eyes on the person standing far away beneath the cliff. He frowns trying to make out the appearance. The person seems to be wearing a long black coat and has his head covered with a shawl which comes further wrapping around his face. Only eyes were visible.

He suddenly feels the ground moving, and a shrill voice echoes in the air, "Bhai!" Hayath holds her hand out to him as the snow on the part of the land where she was standing creaks and breaks taking her along with it.