13. Was your brain upright?

December cradles frost in its palms, creating a gradient blend of endings and beginnings

December cradles frost in its palms, creating a gradient blend of endings and beginnings. This month carries weight of the past year, memories, both joyful and painful, and the echoes of farewells as well.

Yet, December is not just a vessel of reflections alone. It's a harbinger of hope too.

Amidst the chilling winds, hope emerges as the promise of a fresh start and the prospect of shedding burdens... and the anticipation of forging new and cherished memories.

In its duality, December becomes a month of both mourning as well as hope. Reminding that even in farewells there is the whisper of a new beginning, a new start.

He missed the life he had lived for all those years. The days that were filled with unforgettable moments. Some were worth cherishing, hence he felt like mourning since they were now gone. While others, were best left in the past. So it was a celebration, since, they were now gone.

December is both, a happy month and a sad one.

The gathering was held in their house itself, where the vastness of the lawn sparkled with the enchanting glow of fairy lights, casting a magical ambiance across the entire garden.

Mostly men occupied the lawn as they sat in groups discussing politics and business. Ladies however were inside the house and children, well, everywhere.

"You might want to check on the dinner arrangements. I'll hold the fort here for a few minutes and catch up with you," Rehan, Daniyal's best friend said. He is a boy tall and smart, the dark brown curly hair falling into his eyes hide most of his forehead but his vision is clear.. one thing to note about him, he is too confident for his own good which often leads him to embarrassing situations, but... Did I mention he cares? No.

"Are you sure?" He inquires.

"What else can one say, dude?" Rehan replies.

"Fair enough. I'll take a quick look, and if the dinner is ready, you can join me," he agrees.

"Give me a ring if you need me there," he adds, prompting a nod from Daniyal as he walks towards the door.

"Bro!" Zayn approaches him out of no where and pulls him into a congratulatory hug, expressing his joy for his admission while he stands baffled.

"Congratulations!" Shayan also takes his time to hug him.

"Dad appreciates you more than all of us, trust me" Zayn adds with a grin.

"Thank you." Daniyal responds with a shy smile, accustomed to the repetitive congratulations he's received.

Shazal, on the other hand, offers his congratulations more stoically. He nods in acknowledgment but notices the unusual stiffness in Shazal, contrasting with his neatly tucked grey shirt.

"Uncles didn't come?" He asks diverting his attention, searching.

"There," Zayn shows with a gesture of his hand and finds his uncles walking towards them," How did it occur to you that it's your achievement and we wont be here?" Zaki asks.