14. I guess this means we are friends now?

๑ 🥀 ๑

๑ 🥀 ๑

The leaves below his feet churn producing a very satisfying sound making him walk a little more while he watches the embers standing a little away from the bonfire, puff into the air and go invisible. The extreme cold was comfortable, maybe because there was a pinch of warmth surrounding him or maybe because the cold was just new.

They had all gathered in the small lawn surrounded by plants, the ground beneath was almost covered with snow, but it wasn't snowing right now.

Laughter and gossip erupt from the group that had taken their seats surrounding the only source of warmth, the fire.

"Pineapple on pizza tastes like trash" Hayat utters grabbing onto a piece of pepperoni pizza from one among the several boxes kept on the small wooden table.

"And I fail to understand, who ordered them" Yursa throws a hand around Hayat's shoulder and bends down to reach and grab a piece for herself. She then shifts back, comfortably and starts munching on it.

"I did" Zayn proudly says and picks up one whole box of the said pizza and rests his back comfortably on the chair, offering it to Shayan first and taking one for himself. Exaggerating it to be the tastiest dish they have ever tasted they start enjoying—a little too much.

"Did you ever eat it?" Daniyal adjusts his specs on the bridge of his nose and asks Hayat was grimace at the two.

"Ew no!" She replies with a disgusted face.

"You cannot give a negative review on something if you did not try it" Zayn rolls his eyes

"It does not take a genius to say that's.. simply disgusting" Yusra gargles.

"You like it?" Hayat raises an amused question battling her tiny curled lashes in disbelief at Daniyal

"I tried it once, I don't remember the taste"

"Revive it then" Shazal picks up the box and offers it to him to receive a shake of his head.

"Don't want my stomach somersaulting tomorrow" he says pushing the box away until Shazal keeps it back on the table and plops down on the chair beside him.

"Just say that you don't like it. Why give some lame reasoning?" Hayat huffs.

"Hello people!" Fatima comes towards them holding a tray of drinks.

It was going to be a long night.

Growing tired of the children's ramblings and what he considers nonsense, he decides to retreat inside for some much-needed quality sleep. Because of the lack of rest since their direct arrival for the function.

As he prepares to stand up, a shiver of cold air passes by his ear, sending a chill down his spine. Involuntarily, he turns to look in that direction, catching a glimpse of a looming shadow hastily hiding behind the main gate's wall.