13 - Spolied brat & more

𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄

As I peep through the keyhole seeing a pair of shoes echo down the dimly lit halls, with the faint flickering of the candles making it more haunting than welcoming.

Picking up an envelope and turning the lamp, my eyes land on the Wellington symbol with a capital W.

Dear Vivian, please arrive at the VIP room we have so much to discuss.

~ Marie Wellington

Looking over to see Claire fast asleep in her bed, hugging the silk pillow so tightly that it could rip apart at any moment. Thinking back to what happened to Chase, I couldn't bear to watch, to see what went down.

I only worry for him as a friend...it can't be any more than that...we aren't where we used to be.

Upon opening the door and find a maid waiting for me no less than a couple minutes. Her eye bags sagging and eyes red from exhaustion, while working long hours.

"Good evening, I'll be taking you to the VIP room tonight, but I hear there was an accident that cause Mr. Lincoln to suffer some injuries" the maid said.

"Yes, I was present but I would like to know if he's in a better condition" I pause. "But, is he to have someone visit him?"

The maid shakes her head and clocks her tongue at me to warn me about my own words, then looks around the corner and begins to speak her words carefully.

"I hear from the other maids that he is taken to a private hospital with the best doctors possible, so let's hope he's able to return to the Wellington manor soon" the maid replied. Leading us back onto the path towards the VIP room on the other side of the wing.

I nod at her response, inside the manor at this time of night is quieter, and silent, and the huge chandelier sways back and forth following our shadows as we enter the side of the west wing.

Stopping in front of a burgundy door with a VIP gold plate shining brightly, accompanied by two guards on either side of the door.

"Good evening, Ms. Hawthorne," the maid said.

"Goodbye, miss...wait what's your name?" I call out to her.

"My name is Margaret" the maid replied. Turning away from me and on her merry way.

The guards immediately open the door and I enter to find Benjamin sitting at a round table wearing a smug look on his face, which I hate to see.

"Why am I here, I'm sure whatever you have to say can't wait tomorrow" I said, slightly irritating and not in the mood to hear whatever he has to say.

"Well, I choose you to be my date or plus one to the Wellington ball" Benjamin replied.

I stop and get a good look at him, because this has to be a joke, and a really funny one at that. I shake my head and come closer to him.

"No, I'm not going with you and I'm sure you could've pick your date from the other girls here" I answer, my eyes watching his and he smiles, rising from his chair.

I turn away from him and run away from this decision, a choice that wasn't in any of my plans but that doesn't matter anymore. Not paying attention to the turns I'm making, and run right into someone's hard chest and look up eyes going wide.

"You're gonna regret this Vivian!" Benjamin yells angrily, clenching his fist and marching his fist and marching through every hall loudly.

Chase grabs my hand and locks the door, releasing his grip away from my hand. Pulling in his robe closer to hide his injury away from my prying eyes.

"Chase, what are you doing here?! Aren't you suppose to be in the hospital?" I said, whisper-yelling really upset at him for not staying at the hospital to heal properly from his injuries.

"Hmm, you should know that I'm too stubborn to stay in the hospital" Chase said. Pulling in his dark blue rope close to his body.

His height towering over mine, making me feel small, and insignificant. His eyes carefully watch my face to decode or solve whatever emotion I'm feeling at this moment.

"I can't believe you snuck out of the hospital, but then again you never like being kept in a place for too long" I replied, I smile at the thought and then it fades away.

"Though, I heard from a maid that you were so worried about me "as a friend" Chase paused. "Plus, I miss seeing Ashton and Daniel those two know how to keep my spirits up."

Keeping my distance away from Chase, it's too suffocating and keeps me in place can't move or break its hold over me. Even after all this time, it still has an effect on me just like before.

"But, Vivian" Chase says pining me to the door. "You and I both know why you really wanted to see me at the hospital."

A/N Hey! Everyone how do we feel about the ending?

Guess the word count?