31 - Let's talk

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍

"Why did you leave me back in Paris?" Vivian asks, barely able to face me and her reflection looks over the Wellington maze.

My heart squeezes then sharp pains insert themselves feeling like ice-cold daggers and stay there for the measure of pain that she felt that day.

"Wasn't I enough for you? I just couldn't understand you leaving me like that" Vivian says, stepping close to me and close enough to take up my personal space.

"To me, you are enough Vivian, I should've left a note of why I had to leave so suddenly," I said, watching the bright sunlight shining through the curtains and shadows on the dark red carpet.

Sitting down in the common room on the couch, watching her close in the curtains, feeling the warmth from the fireplace, and creating space between each other.

"The reason why I had to leave suddenly is that I had to handle some family business, and personal matters" I pause. "It was never my intention to leave you there all alone."

Her leg shaking uncontrollably, barely meeting my gaze, tears staining her cheeks, wiping them over and over again. Then she removes herself from my presence.

Vivian shakes her head in disbelief and brings herself far away from me. "No, I'm not sure if I can believe or trust you again Chase."

Leaping from the couch not thinking, my mind telling me to make her stay, just make her stay here for once. Grab her free elbow and spin her around but pushes me away with every fiber of her being.

"Vivian, please look at me, god just look at me please," I say, my voice pleading for her to look me in the eye so that I can fix the pain in her heart.

Looking at the growing flames in the fireplace dancing in tandem, the heat of it growing hotter with each passing moment, I need to fix this lingering feeling for the both of us.

"You said that you loved me!" Vivian yells, wet tears staining her cheeks pointing her finger at my chest.

"I do, I still do" I reply, making her face me and messy hair falling in front of her face chaotically.

A nearby porcelain vase falls to the ground with a great shattering sound, broken pieces scattering all over, and crimson rose petals lying bare on the ground so soft and delicate.

"Wait...don't step anywhere else I don't want you to get hurt," I said, grabbing a broom and sweeping up the broken pieces and rose petals and throwing them away.

Almost done when picking up the last piece of the porcelain vase, it slices my finger with a stream of blood rising to the surface.

"You got cut again with it, didn't you?" Vivian asks, her question playful and teasing manner, and nods her head at the nearby bathroom.

Lazily make my way to the bathroom, she turns on the faucet letting cool water run on my wound, and wraps a bandaid around my finger. I watch as her eyes pay attention to every detail and concentrate on every movement she makes.

"You're staring," Vivian said.

I hum in response eyes still watching her in focus mode blocking out every distraction that could impair her to make a bad mistake.

"I'm aware of that I like what I'm seeing in front of me" I reply, our eyes meet for a brief second or more then break eye contact with her.

Feeling the chilly air in the room and the moonlight's shadow on creaky wood floors with a grandfather clock ticking constantly seeing fresh goosebumps on her skin.

"I wrote letters to you when I got back from Paris to see how you were doing," Vivian says, drying her tears with the fabric of the loose nightgown while wearing a heart necklace.

Titling my head and having a confusing look on my face, then shaking my head at her. "What are you talking about, Vivian?"

"What's that look on your face, I'm serious about it I wrote to you every day about what's going on with me and everything," Vivian says, her words with much conviction and confidence not wavering once.

The temperature in the room drops, the air becoming a bit rigid and the flames barely holding onto their warmth.

"What letters, Vivian?" I ask, genuine questions about what these letters could hold answers to.

                            THE END

                                    A/N

Thank you so much for reading the final chapter of Golden Spoon! I appreciate every vote, comment, and those of you who have added this book to your reading list! I love all of you!!!

Now, with that being said I'll be releasing bonus content on this Monday & Wednesday at 11:30 pm!