29 - Written words

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍

"Are you sure that this is a good idea?" Daniel asks, looking at Chase for confirmation on this plan.

Chase and Ashton give a quiet signal as a security guard almost comes close to discovering their hiding spot and ruining tonight's plan.

"Sorry," Daniel responds, giving soft puppy eyes almost pleading for forgiveness for his little mistake.

We walk across the marble floors without making any noise to draw attention and slip through carefully from the back door, making our way towards the 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄.

"What do you think we'll find out in the house?"Ashton asks, coming into step with my footsteps matching my rhythm as well.

"It could be anything that's the thing, Ashton I don't think I'll be able to handle it," I say, putting more energy into my steps up the hill.

The manor now looks more distant than becoming closer to the Lincoln house to discover what's really inside that house and the secrets that's inside of it. The sight of it almost haunting.

Watching Ashton's hands easily open the front door and give a suspicious look toward me, while Daniel and Vivian entering into the house quietly.

"What the hell is going on here" I mutter under my breath while quietly closing the front door.

Firm crimson carpet unmoving under the pressure from my dress shoes, eyes casting looks at the paintings with piles of dust, and bright lights under a bathroom door with sounds of the shower running.

"Let's keep going there's someone else here in this house" Chase pause. "Let's hurry up and find useful information for our gain."

Looking up to see Ashton, Daniel, and Vivian go downstairs down a narrow stairwell leading into a deep underground basement to find papers all over a desk, an agenda on a board, and files with every heirs name on it.

Coming down the stairs to see first Daniel's face set in brewing anger veins popping out and hand clenching the file to make a dent. Ashton rocking his heels back and forth on his heels, staring at his file eyes with pure focus and nothing else.

I see Vivian's eyes filling with horror and tears filling up to the brim, but it stays in place and refuses to fall.

"They have files on all of us — me, you, Ashton, and Vivian" Daniel pause. "God knows who else they have information on."

Daniel slides my file towards me across the table and lands right in front of me, hesitant to see what's inside but it doesn't matter because this will be my only chance.

Opening the file containing general information, then see headlines from newspapers in bold letters: "𝐀 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐲" and   "𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐈𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐁𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝?" then try to search through the papers for more information only to find nothing.

"Here, I thought you were gonna keep your promise to me Chase but it seems you're going back on your word" Mr. Wellington pause. "It's such a shame."

Mr. Wellington standing there in silk pajamas, hair wet from a fresh shower, and his wedding ring shining under the bright lights.

Watching his eyes signal to Daniel, Vivian, and Ashton to leave the room immediately to leave us alone to discuss matters of this situation with no other opinions to cloud his judgment.

"You're a sick bastard I hope you know that," I say, throwing the file angrily at him and watching the papers fall to the ground.

He smiles, but this isn't a genuine one a sinister one that would make the devil smile with such devious satisfaction. He stuffs the papers into the file and presses it close to my chest.

"Chase, I'll advise you to keep your promise to me or else there will be no other way to find your precious father ever again," Mr. Wellington says, turning away from me and leaving me in the basement with my file lying bare on the floor.

                                A G E N D A

1. Make sure Chase Lincoln isn't able to get his inheritance

2. Keep tracking the mystery woman's location and make sure she stays in New York.

3. Pay the mystery driver for the "incident" that happened to Chase.

4. Gain Chase's trust and have him sign away his properties to the Wellington Family.

5. Make sure none of the heirs leave this place alive.

                                     A/N

                                     A/N

Hey! I got done writing this chapter early tonight which is a huge accomplishment for me.

What do you guys think of Mr. Wellington's agenda do you think any of those things will happen?