3

I stood at the bar, a little spaced out. "Okay, what is going on?" Mason pleaded at me. I looked at him then glanced behind him to see Orion sitting at the table still, looking at me. I sighed. "He's really no one, a friend of a friend. I met him at a party last night and he wants to sleep with me." I said to Mason, shrugging it off. Mason was that one coworker who loved to be in all the drama and everyone's business, which could be annoying but honestly he's pretty tolerable. "The hot tattooed guy wants to fuck you and your problem is what?" He asked me like I'm stupid. I laughed as he looked at me bewildered. "That's not my thing, Mason, you know that. Maybe he's also into guys and you have a chance." I said tying to change the subject as I felt my cheeks heating.

    "Yeah yeah, you say that's not your thing. But relationships also aren't your thing. So what is your thing Lil? Because that man is impossibly attractive and he can't take his eyes off you." I rolled my eyes. "He's probably got more experience in that area than I ever could and I well...I don't have any experience that would interest him." I said cutting oranges. "Oh come on. I'm sure he's fucked a lot of girls but you're hot, Lil. I'm sure you're experience level isn't a huge deal." Mason tried to persuade me and I took a deep breath. "Mace...my experience level is zero. He does not want me. He wants the chase of someone who doesn't give into him immediately." He paused, turning his full attention to me with a shocked look on his face. "Woah woah wait a minute. Are you telling me you're a virgin?" He whispered the last part like he was saying the most distasteful thing ever.

    I gave him a look and his eyes widened. "Okay, no. I can't believe this. What are we talking here Lil? Like just no sex or like no touching, kissing, nothing?" I felt embarrassed as he pressed for more information. "Nothing okay. I've kissed like 2 guys, that's it. Guys weren't into me in school or anything and after I graduated I've pretty much kept to myself. It's not that big of a deal. Like I said, I am the last person who anyone wants to have a one night stand with." Mason eyed me with empathy. "For what it's worth Lily, it's not because you're not attractive by any means. And experience doesn't really matter with women. You might need a little direction but guys don't care about that shit. It's them who does all the work." He shrugged. I gave him a soft smile.

    Orion stayed for the next two hours of my shift until we were closing up. His friends paid their tab at the bar and left out after saying goodbye to him. He made his way to the bar and stood in front of me. I grabbed his card and printed his receipt, handing it to him. "You didn't take your money." He said, studying me as he caught my eye. I looked away, keeping busy. "Keep it." I said simply. I could feel his gaze all over me and I wanted nothing more than for it to stop so I didn't have to feel flustered. "I am a man of my word, love. I told you I'd make sure you were taken care of." His voice was dark, like his mood had changed from playful but I didn't meet his eyes or even look at him. I tried to hint to Jace and Mason but they smirked. "We're going to sweep and mop the back, Lil." Mason called as they left towards the back, leaving me alone with him.

    I tried to finish my closing cleaning while ignoring him but he just stood there, pen in his hand, not doing anything. After 20 minutes had passed I was finished and sighed as I finally looked back up into his green eyes. "We're closed. Sign your receipt or not, I don't give a shit but I'd like to leave." I said leaning both my hands on the counter looking at him expectingly. His grip on the pen tightened and he wrote something down before setting it down. I went to grab it but he caught my hand, trapping it under his.

I held eye contact with him, not moving or saying anything. He finally released my hand and I turned around to put the receipt into the till. I caught a glimpse of the tip and almost had a heart attack but didn't look at it fully so I could leave quickly. "Thank you for your business, have a wonderful evening." I slipped away into the back room and gathered my things quickly, slipping my hoodie on and grabbing my keys out of my purse. "Bye!" I called to Mason and Jace, practically running towards the door before they could ask any questions. I wanted this night to be over.