𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.44

Target:400 votes if you need the next chapter.

D h r i t i

"Ancy was right, you don't deserve my love. How many times has she told me that you don't love me or care about me? But I didn't listen to her. I believed that somewhere deep down you loved me and cared for me. But you proved me wrong Ms. Dhriti Krishna. You will not be able to understand me. My love is not understanding me but the girl who is just a friend to me understands me well." He said, his voice held pain. He is hurt and I'm the one who is hurting him. And I'm more hurt than him. My already broken heart breaks million times when I hurt him because as the day goes my feelings for him increase. Now it is more hurting when he compares me with that Ancy. Now she has a space in his heart.

His next words shook me...
"And you know one thing, Ancy is way better than you. At least she understands me...my feelings." He said to me. Now she is better than me for him. I can't blame him, he thinks I don't understand him. But I understand him that's why I'm distancing myself from him. I controlled the tears that badly wanted to escape from my eyes. I felt a lump forming in my throat. I can't cry in front of him. If I did that...

"If she is better than me why the hell are you doing here, with me? Go to her." I snapped at him no more than that I yelled at him.

"Yeah, you're right. I should be with her not with the person who doesn't even understand my feelings...my love." He spat at my face and took his hands from my arms with a jerk. He stormed out of the corridor. I run to the restroom. I closed the door behind me after entering the restroom.

Why did it hurt like this? Why? He went to her. He went to her. Why? Why God? Why did you send him in my life? Why did you make me fall in love with him? If he is not meant for me then why? Why did you send him in my life? Why did you put me in this condition? Why are you making me go through like this?

My eyes welled up with tears that threatened to spill over. Despite my best efforts, I found myself unable to control my emotions. It was a battle within myself - on the one hand, I yearned to love him more, but on the other, I knew I had to keep my distance. I was afraid to open up and let him in completely, terrified of the possibility that I might get hurt again. The mere thought of it made me shudder.

I had already lost so much because of love, and I couldn't bear the thought of losing any more. In my heart, I knew that I had to let him go, but it was a difficult decision to make. He deserved someone better than me, someone who could love him wholly and without reservation. It was a painful truth to accept, but I knew it was the right thing to do. So, with a heavy heart, I finally mustered up the courage to let him go. I wa-want to let hi-him go...I want to let him go.

Someone knocked on the door. I cleaned my face and fixed my hair and my make-up. My eyes are red but not that much. I opened the door only to see Rehaan.

"Rehaan, what are you doing here? I asked him.

"Uh...did you see Aarush?" He asked me.

"Yeah, he went somewhere," I replied.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why did you ask like that?" I asked him.

"Nothing, your eyes are red so I thought you were crying." He said.

"Oh, that is an allergic issue. I was not crying." I lied to him.

"Okay then fine. Let's go to the hall." He said and I nodded.

We both went to the hall. As I looked around, I realized that everyone around me was engrossed in their world, enjoying themselves with their loved ones. I wanted to join in and be a part of the fun, but I couldn't seem to find my place. But alas, I found myself trapped in a cocoon of loneliness, unable to break free from the confines of my thoughts. A heavy weight seemed to rest upon my chest, squeezing the air out of my lungs and causing my heart to pound relentlessly. Every breath felt like a struggle, every moment an eternity.