Chapter 4 - Welcome to the Multiverse

Riley awoke to the bright lights of the lab's infirmary, lying on one of the couches with a blanket over him. The pain from his head from when he was slammed into the brick wall of the building behind him still hanging around, albeit a lot less angry. As he dragged himself off the couch onto his feet, he looked at the rows of beds housing injured Magic Masters.

"They were able to do this much damage with only one attack." Riley thought to himself. "They're a lot more dangerous than ever."

Walking down the hall towards the exit, many of the beds were empty, but looked like they had been used, which he presumed to be his friends, since he could see them outside through the window. Passing through the doorway, he was bombarded with chattering from practically everyone in room.

"What's going on here. I've never seen so many people at the lab before." Riley asked as he approached the rest of his friends.

"Whatever that explosion was, did a lot more damage to the surrounded area." Kaedan replied. "Many more people were hurt from it alongside us and the Magic Masters."

"How long was it been since then."

"It's been around an hour, we only awoke a couple a minutes ago." Cameryn answered.

"Sir, I have finished scanning the portal." Jester told Kaedan, walking up to the group. "I can't determine where it leads to. It keeps coming up with errors."

"Looks like the only option is to send someone or some people through."

"Hang on, the portal that the criminal went through. I thought that I would've closed. I saw them pass through before I blacked out." Adam spoke confused. "And I know others did too."

"Before it could close, it used one of my devices to lock it open." Jester answered. "At some point, we're gonna have to send people through to capture this person, who we have no record of in the island databases."

"Although someone does seem to know them." Zachary spoke. "And that's- Riley where you going."

Riley had exited the building, headed towards the portal. The others followed on after him and stopped him in his tracks before he could begin walking towards the Crystal Caverns. "Where re you going, you haven't been cleared by Jester or any of the lab workers like the rest of us." Hannah said slightly angry.

"I'm going after Rusty, the person who's been taking parts of our island." He responded. "We've still got unfinished business to finish, now they're back."

"You're not going anywhere until you explain." Zachary commanded. "The two of you seemed to know each other, so I want to know how."

"Sigh, I really didn't want to talk about this, but I guess I should've known this time would eventually arrive." Follow me, we'll discuss this somewhere private as I don't need anyone else hearing this. This'll need to be kept between all of us."

Riley led the rest of his friends to his secret room in the Crystal Caverns, concealing the entrance once everyone was inside. Since he encountered ###### here, he made like a small hideout with many things to do as he escaped from the outside world. Somewhere where no one could find him. He plopped himself down in one of the chairs, whilst everyone else made themselves a place to sit.

"I don't like thinking about or visiting memories of this time. It was probably the lowest my life has ever been, and you're gonna have to take my word for it as no one, well alive and we know of, remembers except for Rusty, and even then, they can't be trusted as you've just seen. It was about a bit over a year ago now, on the Saturday you remember catch up. Although, that never happened. Rusty arrived at the shores of the Ruined Village, and they murdered everyone there, including Niamh, Hannah and Cameryn."