Chapter 5 - Protector of the Multiverse

Riley could feel coldness of the blood trickle down his head. This version of him was something he could never be strength wise. None of his new tricks or skills could do a thing to him, and even then, he could simply recover or regenerate any damage. This couldn't be it. He hadn't even ventured a metre away from the portal and he was about to die.

The rest of his friends tried to save him from his doppelgänger, but had their own problems, with Rusty single handedly holding them off and decimating them. Despite the outnumber, their power outweighed the combination of Adam's strength, Zachary's electricity, Jester's inventions, Kaedan's flames, Hannah's elemental powers, Niamh's dragon energy and Cameryn's spirit heavily.

"I was expecting more of a challenge from you" Evil said disappointed slightly as he walked up to Riley's bruised and battered body on the ground. "But you're just as weak as the rest of your counterparts."

"Then- you haven't- seen my full- power yet." Riley spoke weakly.

"At this rate, it won't matter, since you're on the brink at the moment. And your weak and pathetic friends aren't doing much better either."

As soon as evil brought his friends into taunting him, his anger gave him a burst of energy. He teleport behind his opponent blasted energy into his head, sending him into the ground.

"You keep my friends out of this, you good for nothing maniac." Riley spoke angrily as rage built up inside of him. "I swear I will make sure you suffer-"

As soon as he said those words, he stopped himself. As much as his rage may help him defeat his Evil version, he didn't want to relive what he felt back then. A cold, merciless killer, wanting more violence. How would his friends see him if he did this, a kind-hearted friend becoming a heartless murderer.

Noticing his target was inside his own thoughts, Evil took ahold of the opportunity to strike, dealing a massive blow to Riley's stomach. As he dropped onto his knees clutching his stomach filled with pain, Evil stood towering in front of him.

"I was hoping that you would've maintained that burst of energy, but you didn't, which is gonna cost your life." Evil told Riley. "One difference between you and me, is that you can't bear to embrace your rage, while I let it flow through my veins."

"We gotta get over to Riley, he's dying." Hannah yelled out to the others as she fought off Rusty's attack.

"What to you think we're trying to do. But we've got our own problems." Adam shouted back.

"Well, this has been fun." Rusty interrupted. "But I think my boss is about to end your friend, so it's time for me do the same to you."

"Oh, just try." Zachary responded. "Despite you overpowering us, our bond will crush you, especially with 7 of us."

"Don't you mean 6"

"No I mean 7, where'd you get the idea there are only 6 of us."

"I counted, there's clearly 6 of you."

"They're right, I've counted. Kaedan's not here." Jester realised.

"And neither is Niamh, I thought I just saw her a second ago." Cameron added.

"Now you've got me confused, I swear I was fighting more than 5 of you-"

Before Rusty could finish their sentence, someone appeared behind them and knocked them out instantly. As Rusty's unconscious body moved out of the way, the person was wearing an all-black ninja-like costume with a X made from robes on their chest. Their face hidden underneath the ninja mask, only their teal eyes being revealed through the small gap in their mask. A sword that appeared to be prismatic sat on their back, waiting for when it would strike.