Respect your elders

Dashing through the air like a bird of prey ready to catch its dinner, Izuku shot through the streets of the city towards Jakoo Street. He was determined to help Shocker and his father. He didn't really understand why he was starting to act so caring, and it did remind him of what he was like before he had met the symbiotes.

Izuku arrived at the old folks' home and descended to the front doors of the home. He walked inside and saw a caretaker looking through a notepad. "Um, excuse me. I'm here looking for someone?" Izuku asked the caretaker, and he looked up to Izuku, who had retracted his costume and morphed it into a hoodie and red cargo pants.

"Are you a family member?" The caretaker questioned Izuku."Well, I'm a friend of the family. My friend asked me to look after his dad for a little bit while he's away." Izuku informed him with a soft, caring smile on his face. "Name?" "Izuku Midoriya.". "No, I mean of the son." Izuku widened his eyes slightly in his small feeling of embarrassment. "Oh! Herman. Herman Schultz!" Izuku exclaimed enthusiastically. "Alright then, please follow me, and I'll show you to his room."

Izuku followed the caretaker, and the symbiotes talked with Izuku.'What do you think, Shockers dad's gonna look like?' Toxin asked Izuku "Like an old man." Izuku muttered to not make himself seem crazy to the caretaker.'Fair enough.'. 'What about the demons, and whoever the spud face is gonna send after him? How do we know they aren't already here, and he isn't already dead?' Carnage debated this possibility to the rest of them, but Izuku shook his head.

"If they were already here, everyone would be dead or at least injured." Izuku pointed out, and Carnage sighed 'Fair.' The caretaker stopped and said, "Here he is, David Schultz." The caretaker told Izuku, and he thanked the caretaker and entered the elderly man's room. "Hello? David? I'm Izuku, your son sent me to come protect you?" Izuku said as he entered the room and saw that there was a large armchair facing the window to the forest across the road.

"David?" Izuku asked as he roamed closer to the chair and laid his hand upon the top of it and looked over to see the father of Shocker soundly asleep and thankfully not dead. The shining bald head of David Schultz moved every so often as Izuku moved the chair towards the bed in David's room to make sure that if there were any snipers that he wouldn't be an easy target for them.

"Man, I was expecting someone more... energetic." Venom said, bursting his head out from Izuku's shoulder."He's an old man. What'd you expect?" Izuku asked the black symbiote, and he shrugged his metaphorical shoulders at his host. "Don't really know. Someone we could actually talk to rather than watching them sleep like a creep." Venom told Izuku as he sat down on a small foot stool and looked at David Schultz."Well, I think we should eat the heads of the demons that try and kill him." Anti-Venom piped up from Izuku's hoodie.

"That's if they come at all." Izuku said. He got up after a few seconds and examined David's room and noticed a few pictures of David and Herman along with a lady, who he assumed was David's wife, and a younger boy with diamond freckles like Izuku. "Shocker has a brother?" Izuku asked himself and picked up the picture frame. He turned it around and noticed the folded edge of a piece of paper emerging out of the frame.

He opened up the back and took out the paper. It was a hospital document confirming the time of death of Arthur Schultz, who Izuku guessed was the diamond freckled boy in the photograph. Izuku closed the back after placing the document back inside the frame and went to snoop around the elderly man's room.

Izuku entered the bathroom, where he found a blob of toothpaste on the side of the sink and a toothbrush that had most of the hairs destroyed. Izuku's face made a sympathetic look at the old man's struggle. "His dad's really struggling with life..." Izuku muttered, but before the symbiotes could agree, a banging came from outside the door. "David! Some men are here to see you?" Izuku heard the caretaker say on the other side of the door and heard the fear in his voice.

Izuku mimicked an old dry voice as he grabbed David and wrapped him in the quilt of his bed and placed him into the bathroom. "They can come in!" Izuku shouted in the mimicked voice and hopped onto the roof of his room and swiftly swivelled the chair around to face the window again. 7 demons entered the room and closed the door behind themselves. "Hey, Old man! We're friends of Shocker." A demon wielding a katana said as he approached the armchair, but to their surprise, They were stuck through the chest by sharpened tendrils.

Izuku opened the window and threw the bodies outside into the street. Izuku then opened the door to the room and left the room to see two more demons and shot out two webs, sticking them to the walls.

Hybrid wandered down the hallway and thankfully found no one injured. "Is that it?" Izuku wondered, and that's what it seemed. No demons or criminals in the home.

"Bah! Why am I in the bathroom!?" Izuku heard an old voice shout from David's room, and Izuku went back to the room and entered the bathroom."Hi, Mr. Schultz. I'm Hybrid, a vigilante that was sent here to protect you for a little while for your son, Herman." Izuku explained to the old man calmly. "I don't care. Just get me out of these sheets!" David shouted at Izuku, and he did as the old man demanded.

"You said Herman sent you? How is he?" David asked Izuku as he was carefully set into the armchair. Izuku had found him in when he first entered the room."Well, he's fine. Well, he's in jail, but he's fine." Izuku told David."Oh? Thought he left that life behind." David spoke as he looked out the window.

"Well, he did, but some villains threatened him with killing you if he didn't get back into the bad life." Izuku explained to Shockers father, and the old man sighed."Herman should know that he has nothing to worry about..." David said. "I'm guessing you already saw that mess of a sink?" He asked Izuku, and the boy nodded."Well, the doctors say I have a month or two to live, but... I don't think I'll make it before then..." The old man solemnly told Izuku, and he stayed silent as he looked into the window and saw the depressed face of David Schultz.

"Hybrid, you're a hero, aren't you?" David asked him, and Izuku nodded."Yeah, but not legally." David chuckled."That doesn't matter. I want you to do something, a man's dying wish. Take me to my son. I want to spend the rest of my days with my boy, even if it is between a piece of glass. Can you do that for me?"

At Shikai prison

"Schultz! You've got a visitor." A guard declared walking up to the Shockers cell door, and Shocker sat in his bed with a worried look as the guard opened the cell for him. Herman wandered towards the visiting area with a hunched back as he was moved into a small box with a glass front.

"Pick up ya shoulders, Herman!" David told off his son from the other side of the glass and Shocker upon instinct of seeing his father went to hug him but he was stopped by the thin wall of glass "Dad! You're alive." Herman exclaimed in relief as his father chuckled. " 'Course I am! Did'ya think those idiots would get to me?" David joked to his son as Herman began to rain down tears from his eyes."Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Herman shouted in his happiness, and even though Hybrid wasn't there, he knew Izuku had heard his cries.

Chapter end