one

☄. *. ⋆ VANISHED WHEN I SAW YOUR FACE
ALL I CAN SAY IS IT WAS ENCHANTING TO MEET YOU
YOUR EYES WHISPERED "HAVE WE MET?"
taylor swift

AS STELLA walked through the entrance of the USA arena, she mentally cursed herself for not taking up the ride with Trevor and Georgia as she was alone.

She glanced down at her phone, angrily tapping her thumbs against the letters as she texted the brunette boy.

A shoulder slamming into hers had her huffing, her phone falling from her hands as it hit the floor beneath her.

"Shit." A voice cursed, bending down to pick her phone up.

Stella could feel every ounce of anger leave her body as she faced him. His chestnut brown hair was swept over his forehead, his bright blue eyes staring between hers as his larger frame stood before her.

"Sorry." Stella shook slightly as she took her phone from him, adjusting her bag strap as she cleared her throat. "I should've been paying attention."

"All good." He shrugged with a slightly chuckle. "Oh, I'm Jack. And you are..."

She tucked her loose strands behind her ears before taking his hand. "Stella. I'm assuming you're playing hockey."

"How'd you know?" Jack glanced at his large hockey stick poking out from his bag as the two shared laughter. "And you must be figure skating."

Stella nodded with a small hum, lifting her white skates to dangle in front of him. "You know it."

"Have you ever been here?" Jack asked, watching her shake her head. "Come on I'll show you around."

Stella followed him like a puppy dog, her eyes following every single thing he pointed towards, memorizing it.

"So, do you know anyone yet?" He asked, attempting to make conversation.

"Oh, uh, not yet. My friend Georgia skates, too. But neither of us were here at the first practice." Stella explained, hearing him hum lowly.

Jack pursued his lips as he held the doors to the rink
open for her. "I'm sure everyone will love you, Stella."

Stella smiled softly at him, her head on a swivel as she stared around at the skating center, Jack sliding past her as he rushed to join his team on the bench.

"Excuse me?" Georgia's voice behind her had her turning. "Why were you just talking to Jack fucking Hughes?"

"What?" Stella furrowed her brows, glancing back at the back of his head as he spoke to his teammates. "I'm not sure. We bumped into each other. What's the deal with him?"

Georgia rolled her eyes with a chuckle, slinging her arm in hers as the began to walk to the opposite side. "Trevor tells me all about it. So, apparently, he's, like, crazy good. They think he's going to go number one in the draft next year."

"Damn." Stella muttered, finding herself sneaking glances at him through the glass.

"Mhm." Georgia hummed. "Which means he's going to have an insane amount of puck bunnies, which..he probably already does. Just be careful, SJ."

Stella furrowed her brows, staring at the black haired girl. "We just met, Gigi. Like, literally, five minutes ago."

"So?" Georgia cocked a brow with a snort. "When guys look at you, you start planning your entire future with them. I'm just saying, he's a player."

Stella nudged her best friend with a groan. "You can tell that just by looking at him. I'm not going to catch feelings for him, okay?"

Georgia just shrugged as they two stood, staring at their new figure skating coach.

"Hi ladies." The woman smiled genuinely. "I'm so glad you could make it. I'm Coach Cox but when we aren't on the ice, call me Heather."

"Yes ma'am." Georgia nodded, her freshly whitened teeth flashed her.

To say Stella was intimidated did not cover half of what she was feeling. Her eyes lingering towards the hockey bench just across the ice.

She watched, her heart thumping as he smiled softly towards her, raising his hand.

Stella reciprocated the gesture, chucking lightly to herself as she attempted to regain her composure, glancing back towards her coach.

"We will work with the hockey schedule. Both, competitions and games will be close together. Considering our rink is undergoing construction, we will be sharing ice." Heather breathed, clasping her hands as she looked between each girl.

Georgia eyed Stella, hitting her knee softly. "God, Stells, stop eye fucking him."

Stella's cheeks reddened as she shook her head. "I'm not."

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT TYPEEE