Prologue

Red wine was Rose's favorite

Red wine was Rose's favorite. The lush taste of victory, after a night of hard work. What better than a glass of this sparkling scarlet liquid? It drowns your worries with each luxurious gulp down your throat. Red was in fact, her favorite colour. The color of love, the color of revenge, the color of blood.

"You'll pass out again." A secondary voice echoed from one corner of the bathroom where Rose was seated in. Nonchalance evident in the tone.

Well, more precisely, she was lazing inside the bathtub, right leg folded over the left and arms hanging out of the edges, wine glass in one hand and bottle in the other. Her silky onyx hair was touching the floor beneath her head as she faced the ceiling with a somber expression.

"And?"

The person sighed, walking towards Rose. With one step at a time, their bright red heels clicked on the floor in perfect sync with Rose's breathing. She lifted her head to look their way. Her expression stayed indifferent.

As the person reached her, she bent down, grabbing her hair forcefully and bringing her face close to hers. Rose could smell her own wine-stained breath as she opened her mouth to speak but she beat her to it, speaking in an elegant voice that alone was enough to bring one to their knees and begging.

"And I might not like that. After all I do for you, you never give me a break, much less a reward."

Rose just blinked, her expression never changing. "For me?"

The person smiled, a wicked thing that made your blood curl beneath your skin and your brows twitch. This person, as Rose thought, was beautiful, even though half their face was covered in an intricate black fabric mask, sticking to her face like a second layer of skin. Her lips were painted red, matching the red cocktail dress she was adored in.

"My my, aren't you acting a little too cheeky today, Rose darling."

Before Rose could quip with anything, the lady in red pressed her lips to hers, letting the taste of red wine blend in between their tongues as a beautiful dance for the night began.

The last words Rose sighed before losing herself to bliss remained as a whisper in the mundanely lit room, remaining unheard yet again.

"Robin."

Word count: 395

Word count: 395