And The Show Begins

Nights were meant to commit unspeakable acts, when sinners walked freely, breathed the same air as their next victims, and smiled that same smile that would lure their naive prey into their cleverly set traps

Nights were meant to commit unspeakable acts, when sinners walked freely, breathed the same air as their next victims, and smiled that same smile that would lure their naive prey into their cleverly set traps. Why else would the world be shrouded in a veil of darkness for twelve whole hours? It's the hour when Lucifer decides he wants to have some fun.

But not everyone could escape in this darkness. Usually, they got caught, usually...they became prey themselves. Because, to blend in this darkness, you have to be as dark as the night and as charming as the moon. Only then shall you commit the perfect crime. After all, killing was an art; and such an art had been created in Brington Street this evening.

Sirens from the police vans were blaring, deafening the chaotic mob that was forming outside the hotel, with their flashy mobile phones positioned towards the gruesome scene. This person had done it again. They had left the police speechless and the audience intrigued. After all, that was what this was for them. A publicity stunt? Or perhaps a performance or their exceptional art.

Scripted in excellent cursive, right on the road beside the dead body was written the name of the artist themself, with a term of endearment they gave to themself.

'Robin 𝒟𝒶𝓇𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔'

This time the ornament they left was a red ribbon.

The corpse, lying under a plain white cloth, on a stretcher was something to be pitied. The deceased was called Cynthia Reyes, a very famous producer who had been in the industry for over twenty-five years. She was known for her precise eye for picking talented actors. She had brought many stones into the industry and polished them into perfect diamonds.

Her silver hair and ten million dollar diamond ring had been on the news last week. The forty-year-old producer was getting married for the third time. As of this evening, that ten million dollar ring was hanging from a rope of the same dyed hair which also happened to be wrapped around her neck which was swollen blue already. Her head was shaved bald of course.

"Another." Detective Marcel muttered gravely as he bagged the only piece of evidence available.

He wasn't particularly thrilled about getting this case. The Police department had been on Robin's tail for the last three months. Two police officers had suffered mental breakdowns and demanded a transfer. Robin made them feel crazy. That person liked to play. They left clues that had no connection to the case to lure the officers into dark, muddy paths.

At the end of the journey, the officers for some reason were found in a pool of their puke, sometimes other bodily fluids too. Robin was no one to mess with.

"That wraps it up detective." Tara, the forensics head nodded towards Marcel. She pitied him too, it was obvious in her eyes. But he wasn't the one with dark bags under his eyes.

"Thanks, Ms. Vierra. Let's get out of here."

A few blocks away from the prestigious hotel was a movie premiere tonight. And as the clock struck nine, the red carpet was rolled. Limos were parked and heels had begun clicking. The only thing louder than the clicking heels were the cameras and the reporters.