Paint The Town Red

Not many people can step into the realm of their desires; maybe that was why not many knew that in the world of success, the air smelled like blood and all scenery looked gray

Not many people can step into the realm of their desires; maybe that was why not many knew that in the world of success, the air smelled like blood and all scenery looked gray. Everyone besides you was faceless and everything that fell on your tongue was bitter; Because the highest throne was made of dead dreams, lost promises, and burnt remains of relationships that mattered once.

Robin's world was gray too. She only came out at night to wander in the quiet streets but she knew that the only color she was seeing was gray and in this world made of ash, only one thing shone in bright red. The only bright red she wanted to hold in the palm of her hand, maybe that's why her favorite color was red; because her favorite Rose was red or maybe it was the other way around?

But one day, in this gray world of hers, something dark had entered. A man in black, apparently he had a mask too, the mask of kindness, he was smiling and making way towards her Rose. The smile wasn't evil, it was disgusting. Robin disliked it and wanted it wiped off of him at the earliest.

So she chose the easiest way to do it. She had smashed his teeth with a kick, wearing her ten thousand dollar stilettos as he had looked up at her in fear. The kind of fear that made you feel so high that all sorts of power play failed. It's a kind of high that gets you addicted far more easily than any substance and oh dear, was Robin addicted.

He had begged her with tears dripping down his eyes and nose. His hair was pulled from its roots from many places and he looked as ugly as those people whose life he had ruined by forcing surgeries on them when they rejected him.

It was the first time she tasted the thrill of torturing and spilling blood. The guy was James Maxwell, a talent agent whose job was to scout young talent. Everyone knew he scouted more actors for porn videos than for movies. He had been the one who introduced Rose to the industry from her theater performance.

He hadn't taken her to the film auditions though. Like any other beast would have done, he had taken her to a lone room that only had one way out.

Robin's first kill wasn't clean, it wasn't beautiful either; it was lustful. But she took note of her flaws and decided she wanted to learn the art of killing.

To think she might be standing in a printing press in the middle of the night, hunting for dogs who didn't know their territory, she hadn't really written it on her to-do list. But those pieces of shit targeted her Rose first. As soon as she gets her hands on them, she'd for sure destroy their eyeballs with their own pens.

Some people just didn't deserve the power of the ink in their hands. They were no different than the ones who wrote hate texts of Oliver. Except they were blinded by money and promises of success that never came instead of just the ick of ruining someone's day.

The clicking of heels echoed through the hallway like a metronome, marking time with the precision of a clock's pendulum. A little birdy muttered in her ear that someone had clicked Rose's picture while she was with the detective. So it was obvious what was going to happen. It took a lot of digging for Robin to find the company.

She made her way toward the printing press, eyeing the machine with annoyance written all over her face in cursive. If the machine was ruined, could the really print anything?