Silver and Red

Dark rooms

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Dark rooms. There was just something about them that made your heart quiver. Maybe from fear, maybe from thrill, or maybe, from freedom. No one could see you and what you did. It was free reign to be real, scary, vulnerable, or crazy. Just a secret between your soul and the depth of the shadows.

Rose felt a strong repulsion from dark rooms since her childhood. She would sit on the floor and pull her knees close to her chest, always trying to see around her. The fear wasn't from being alone, it was from being not. No one would appear in her line of sight but she could feel their presence. Always pacing around her, sometimes giggling and sometimes trying to call her name.

Still sitting in the police investigation room, she sat under a single bulb in the room hanging over her head, creating a hallow, especially for her in the creepy room. The smell wafting in the air seemed very close to dirty laundry and leather for some reason. It was cold enough to make her get chills. The detective had left only a moment ago with a worried look in his eyes. Rose closed her eyes, trying to get some rest. But there was a tap on the table in front of her, followed by a chuckle.

She frowned, slowly opening her eyes. Dressed in a beautiful red silk dress, still wearing her mask was Robin herself. Rose didn't move an inch from her position, her expression never changing as she looked at the deep blue eyes of the one in front of her. No words were exchanged for five minutes. A lone tear welled up in Rose's eye, tumbling down her cheeks gently and melting in her messy hair.

"Aw, are you that happy to see me?"

Rose's lips raised a little, portraying a small smile. "Can someone actually be happy to see you?"

"You wound me." Robin dropped her smile, a hint of sadness appearing in her eyes as she stared at Rose. "Will I have to leave?"

"I don't know." Rose closed her eyes again, sniffing lightly.

"Should I take you with me?" The words were spoken right into her ear. Rose nodded, refusing to move even an inch

"Good." Rose could hear the smile in her tone, "You know no one loves you more than I do right?"

Rose laughed a little, "And you know that I hate you more than anyone right?"

Whispers shared in the darkness melted as one within the darkness as dark red nails wrapped around Rose's wrist. The single hint of silver flashed under the light before swiping across the unmarred porcelain skin, staining it in the color they both held dear.

-

[Meanwhile in the control room]

Detective Marcel had just exited the interrogation room with a worry written all over his face. His stomach had been in knots ever since Rose was brought into the room. Something about her calm demeanor made everything so realistic that he couldn't help but believe it. Till now he had hoped that it was all a misunderstanding, a plot against the biggest actress but her nonchalance only raised suspicion. 

"Anything on her yet?" Detective Lily asked in an annoyed tone while making her way towards him from her chair.

"Nothing so far." He shook his head in no, running a hand down his face in frustration. "Can she really be connected to Robin?"

Detective Lily raised an unimpressed eyebrow, "Really? Even you are charmed by her?"

Alex glared at her, deciding it was better to shut up than deal with this nonsense again. But before he could reach his desk, one of the officers called for him.

"Detective Marcel!" She called out almost panicking. The officer was seated in front of a computer monitor, observing the CCTV footage of the entire building.

"What is it?" Everyone was alarmed immediately, Alex ran towards the lady.

"It's the suspect in your case! She's has fallen off her chair and not responding!"

Alex suddenly could not hear anything, his feet felt heavy with each step he took.

"What was happening before?!" He asked, rushing towards the interrogation room.

The officer who was following closely behind him answered, "She was acting weird and we were going to call you but suddenly this happened."

"What was she doing?" Lily questioned, the alarm in her voice was undeniable.

"She was muttering something to herself and then she laughed once before falling off her chair."

The door flew open, the coldness of the building remaining the same. Rose lay unconscious on the gray floor, a pool of crimson liquid pooling under her left wrist, traveling to her dark hair which was sprawled messily on the floor.

"Holy shit." Marcel cursed loudly before rushing ahead.

"Miss Veretta." He called her name a few times, lightly slapping her cheeks.

Lily kneeled beside the unconscious lady, taking her right wrist in hand and checking her pulse. It was as light as a baby's. Lily's own heart skipped a beat.

"Shut the fuck up, Alex. She's not gonna wake up just from your shouting. Carry her to the infirmary fucking quickly!" Lily yelled while tying her handkerchief tightly around Rose's wrist.

Marcel looked taken aback but he followed her orders immediately. Meanwhile Lily retrieved the little silver blade in between Rose's fingers, putting it into a ziplock bag.

"Although it's already clear what happened here, send it to forensics and check the fingerprints. And how the fuck did she even get this?!"

The commotion outside the room was dispersed as Marcel carried Rose towards the infirmary, on having her in his arms, he was baffled by how light she was. It was almost like carrying a human-shaped porcelain doll.

Just how had she gotten she gotten a damn blade inside a police station.