Part 14

Y/n Pov

It's been four days since that weird feeling that I have felt because of the fallen one that occurred somewhere.

Still this uneasy feeling won't fade away making me unable to sleep at night.

I stare at my reflection on the mirror. I tend to be overthinking at some times.

Closing my eyes I take a deep breath and whisper to myself.

All I need to do is fight this fate and move forward! There's nothing I can do other than struggling on my own to find the truth and end this godforsaken war!

Knock! Knock!

I ignore the knocking at the door.

Hey! I know your awake. It's high noon. Now open up the door. I heard Tyki's voice behind the door.

Still ignoring him I wrapped myself in my blanket like a cinnamon roll attempting to shut his voice out.

If your not opening this door after three minutes I will call Road for help.

Hearing Road's name making me scramble toward the door opening it in an instant. I frown at Tyki. What do you want?

I wanted to apologise. Wait no I want to explain that what happened to Allen is part of Lord Millennium Earl plan and I didn't kill him.

I know but I still can't accept it. If I found the heart and destroy it will all the noahs stop this war and live peacefully. I understood that Lord Millenuim Earl has explained to me before that he will uphold his promise to me but what if all of this just a fake hope to use me to find the Heart.

Anxiety and fear crawling up my skin as I fear about the entity that hiding inside the Millenuim Earl seeking chance to consume him. Eden has told me about it but I don't trust the other noahs personally to tell them the truth. If only I can meet neah..

I feel someone place their hand on top of my head. I look at Tyki's shocked face. Why is he surprised?

Wait. Turn out Lord Millenuim Earl is standing beside me?!!

I was frozen in place. Since when.. Did I just.. What..? My brain lost all their cells at the moment.

I'm sorry!! I blurted out while bowing at the Earl.

You don't have to be sorry. I know you must be shaken by what has happened to your brother Allen Walker.

Y/n i believe you will do the right thing at the most crucial moment. I sincerely hope that you will be reunited with your brother when this war ended and I know apologising isn't going to fix what has already been done. Rather I want you to choose your own path for yourself whether to stand with your family or not. I don't want you to burden yourself. Whatever you choose the family and I will stand by your side. The Earl said while looking at me earnestly.

Sigh.. What a drag..no. Thank you for your understanding Lord Millennium Earl. I swore I see the Earl sweat dropped at me before I goes to the library.

( I will save you and this family no matter what it takes, I thought ).

In the end, the fate of this world depends on the noahs and the exorcists. They need to choose peace and end this cycle of revenge and mend their differences just like before the war started.

Come to think of it. I wonder, what happened before the war? How did the war even started? I pondered as I sit silently inside the library. Maybe I should ask the Earl or Road for answer.

2 weeks later

Road Pov

Y/n still seems pretty upset Road. I already apologise what do I have to do now. To make it worse she seems to be avoiding me. Tyki grumble beside me.