VII. Plan

HOPPER SLOWLY OPENED HIS eyes as he was just starting to wake up

HOPPER SLOWLY OPENED HIS eyes as he was just starting to wake up. He groaned as the pounding sensation in his head continued. Hearing him, Joyce rushed over to the couch he laid on.

"Hey, careful. Take it easy" She whispered to him as she brought a damp towel to his forehead, the coldness making him open his eyes.

He turned to look at the woman kneeling beside him. "Joyce" He mumbled under his breath as she cracked a small smile. "Hey."

Hopper took the time to look around him, noticing that he was in some type of location he didn't recognize. "Where am I?"

Just as he asked, Jamie appeared around the corner with a glass of water, pills and some medical supplies. "Is he awake now?" She asked as she approached Joyce.

Joyce nodded her head as Hopper sat up to look at Jamie. The woman sat on the ground next to Joyce as she offered Hopper the glass of water and pills, "Take this" She instructed.

With a confused look, he swallowed the pills followed up with the water.

"When you were attacked last night, I didn't know what to do so I--" Joyce answered his unspoken question as he handed the empty glass of water to her. "I'm fine" He shook his head as he tried to stand up, only to get pushed back down by Jamie.

"The cuts you have all over your face say otherwise, let me see it" Hopper sat up as Jamie began to attend to his wounds. "How long have I been out?" Hopper asked through a hoarse voice.

"A while, you've been drifting in and out." Joyce answered back. "Yeah but how did I get here?" He asked again as Joyce huffed remembered how much her and Jamie struggled to carry Hopper inside.

"Slowly" Was all Joyce replied with as Jamie grinned. "What's the last thing you remember?" Jamie questioned as she had finished bandaging Hopper's cuts.

"Some thug attacked me" Hopper said as he tried to stand up from the couch but Joyce held him by his arm. "Hey, you need some rest" She tried to argue but he ignored her. "No, I'm fine" He stood from the couch and as he did, Jamie and Joyce both yelped as they looked away from Hopper's nude body.

"Where's my clothes?"

Speechless, all Joyce and Jamie did was point at the bathroom as Hopper held the towel around his waist and left.

After a few moments of silence, Jamie cleared her throat, "Well...should I make some coffee?"

---

"DO YOU COPY? THIS is a code red?" The room was silent and the only other thing that could be heard was the annoying voice of Lucas. "I repeat, this is a code red. Max, do you copy?"

Having enough, Max reached down and grabbed the supercomm from the floor. Switching it on, she spoke, "Shut. Up." She seethed through grit teeth before she turned her supercomm, not waiting for the boy to respond.